• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 58
  • Total: 58
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

IOTW 19th August 2013

Started by Beaux Reflets, August 20, 2013, 10:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaux Reflets

Congratulations jinky on your image being selected for IOTW as chosen by last weeks winner Oldboy

Image is now live on front page, or you can view the image in the gallery Here should you wish to make a comment etc.

More information on IOTW works can be found here   How IOTW works
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on August 20, 2013, 10:17:01 PM
Congratulations jinky on your image being selected for IOTW as chosen by last weeks winner Oldboy

Image is now live on front page, or you can view the image in the gallery Here should you wish to make a comment etc.

More information on IOTW works can be found here   How IOTW works

Andy, the link leads you to a previous IOTW, namely Beryl's feeding birds!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Mick

Quote from: Reinardina on August 20, 2013, 10:23:01 PM

Andy, the link leads you to a previous IOTW, namely Beryl's feeding birds!

Fixed,  :tup:

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Beaux Reflets

Thank you Reinardina and cheers Mick for the correction. Lots of stress on my plate at present and little time - which has a knock on effect when things are rushed

Reinardina

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on August 21, 2013, 11:08:38 AM
Thank you Reinardina and cheers Mick for the correction. Lots of stress on my plate at present and little time - which has a knock on effect when things are rushed

Sorry to hear that Andy. Hope things will settle down soon.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beaux Reflets

Beaux Reflets

Back to the IOTW.

It is a very interesting shot, as the Sun seems to be providing itself (as the source of light) with the illusion of being oval in form, in what appears to be quite a clear sky. My guess is that the light is actually being bent or distorted over the distance it travels in a 'lens effect' provided by the heat within the Earth's atmosphere; rather than a distortion due to the camera lens or post processing.

Oldboy

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on August 21, 2013, 02:34:21 PM
Back to the IOTW.

It is a very interesting shot, as the Sun seems to be providing itself (as the source of light) with the illusion of being oval in form, in what appears to be quite a clear sky. My guess is that the light is actually being bent or distorted over the distance it travels in a 'lens effect' provided by the heat within the Earth's atmosphere; rather than a distortion due to the camera lens or post processing.

That's the effect you get with a low sun, as it's light is entering the atmosphere at an angle, so increasing it's scattering by the extra atmosphere it has to pass through.  :o

jinky

Yes spot on there oldboy re: effects. I actually did very little in post processing on this one. In fact I did not mean to add the one I did but rather this one of the lone photographer shooting the sun. Now I look the one I did upload first is better though.

Oldboy

It's the sort of shot that appears in holiday brochures.  :tup:

Beaux Reflets

Cracking shots Paul.

And you are right OB it must be to do with the angle as zooming in on this shot the moon has a similar oval aspect I had not noticed before.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.