• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 72
  • Total: 72
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

POLL for OPPOSITES

Started by Hinfrance, May 24, 2016, 09:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please vote for your favourite OPPOSITES picture

Big Ship Little Ship:

3 (30%)
You Rang?:

3 (30%)
Alive and Dead:

2 (20%)
Land and Sea:

1 (10%)
Black and White:

1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: May 28, 2016, 09:56:13 AM

Hinfrance

Please vote for your favourite OPPOSITES image.  :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hinfrance

Bump - last few voting hours :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hinfrance

We have a winner - David, and with equal votes Andy. Congratulations gentlemen.

So over to you for the first of the new weekly challenges with archived images now being eligible for entry.

Obv the challenge regs will need to be amended slightly, perhaps as follows:

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59pm Monday xx/xx/xx
Poll will be up Tuesday xx/xx/xx
Winner to be announced Saturday xx/xx/xx.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Anything else need changing?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Reinardina

David and Andy, congratulations.

When David posted his entry, he said he could not set the next competition and poll, and suggested the runner up do the honours. Or the joint winner in this case.

I sent David a PM on Friday, offering to set the comp for him if he were the outright winner, but haven't heard from him. I suppose he is already out 'of touch.'

So Andy, if you could do it?

H and Andy, how are you faring at the moment? Are you too, held hostage by the militants, or are you far enough removed from the problem areas?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beaux Reflets

Thank you to those who voted on my wee effort  :tup:  I will try and put something up comp wise over the weekend.

Fuel hard to get hold of at the moment Reinardina - Fortunately the car has a GPL tank and a petrol one so we should be able to stay mobile for necessities.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

Thanks Andy for taking on the task of setting next week's challenge. Hope you don't run out of juice. Time to send in the CRS with a no mercy policy. The CGT represent less than 7% of French workers. Total a-holes.

Re, I think most of the problems are ooop north and south east. We have no problems whatsoever here, I filled up the Mondeo at the supermarket this afternoon - there are 10 pumps, and there were only cars at three of them, including me, although the shopping centre car park was close to full.

And so many English voices, the place is packed with tourists.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

ABERS

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 28, 2016, 04:23:57 PM
Time to send in the CRS with a no mercy policy.

There's nothing like a bit of state thuggery and civil thuggery to make things exciting. :knuppel2:

Hope they get it sorted by the end of June, I'm in the Cognac region for a few days then. That's of course if les rostbiffs are allowed in after the 23rd.

Hinfrance

You'll always be allowed in if you have money to spend :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.