• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 229
  • Total: 229
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

itunes to disk

Started by alan1572, March 15, 2011, 03:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan1572

i can't seem to get my itunes onto a disk from my mac so i can play them in a car cd player, any tips that can help?
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

anglefire

You need to convert them to MP3 rather than the Apple format - assuming your cd player can read MP3's -
You can convert within Itunes.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jonathan

Quote from: anglefire on March 15, 2011, 07:30:15 AM
You need to convert them to MP3 rather than the Apple format - assuming your cd player can read MP3's -
You can convert within Itunes.

Um, no you don't.

iTunes can burn 3 different kinds of CD.

Audio CD should work in anything, MP3 works in certain players (ones that can play MP3s), Data - I've never used.

Drop your tunes into a play list, right click the list and select burn.
It's Guest's round

alan1572

cheers, the problem is i can';t get that screen that you show, when i click preference and then advanced i get

Jonathan

OK.  Don't click on preferences ;)

1. Create a playlist containing the music you want
2. Right click on the playlist
3. Select "burn playlist to disc"
It's Guest's round

alan1572

cheers, by the way, are you taking the leak with your sig? ;D

alan1572

ha ha, it changed my word to leak :2funny:

alan1572

right, that worked as in putting tracks to disk but it seems they are aac which my car won't play, is there another option?

anglefire

You learn something everyday - is that new? When I tried about a year ago - I had to make MP3 files first.

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

alan1572

i don't know if it's new but neither  my car or van won't play them

Jonathan

Quote from: anglefire on March 15, 2011, 11:41:16 PM
You learn something everyday - is that new? When I tried about a year ago - I had to make MP3 files first.

They keep tinkering with it due to DRM (burning an audio file and then reimporting strips the DRM....) - to make an MP3 disk you have to convert first (which is very dumb - how hard is it to xvert on the fly?).  Audio disk should work.

@Alan - you sure you're selecting audio CD?  AAC usually means you've selected data disk.
It's Guest's round

alan1572

99% of the tracks on itunes are aac, for some reason the odd one is mp3, i think i need to visit ebay and get a more recent 2nd hand cd player

alan1572

no matter what make of disk i use it tells me it hasn't worked due to a format error, any ideas?

this is the error
(error code 0x8002006E

Oldboy

Quote from: alan1572 on March 27, 2011, 05:26:12 PM
no matter what make of disk i use it tells me it hasn't worked due to a format error, any ideas?

this is the error
(error code 0x8002006E

Don't get this trouble with a PC running Windows!  :P

This error appears a lot on the web with some suggesting it's Apple updates that cause the problem. Try this link: http://www.ehow.com/how_6825837_do-_0x8002006e-attempting-burn-cd_.html and follow the steps listed.  ;D

jimthetrain

I tried burning a playlist out of curiosity and it played straight away in a ten year old cd player so something strange is a foot somewhere.
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.