• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 39
  • Total: 39
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT- Creative Flowers 24/3/19 to 31/3/19

Started by Kerry Holt, March 23, 2019, 05:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Holt

This week's challenge is Creative Flowers. Basically flowers but use your creativity to conjure up something interesting or special!

This is the CHAT THREAD

Pictures to be taken between now and Sunday 24th March 2019, 23:59, but if you find yourself at a loss in this time period, please enter something from your personal archives.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59 Monday 1st April 2019.
Poll will be up Tuesday 2nd April 2019.

Winner to be announced Saturday 6th April 2019
The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Kerry Holt

Just realised I am away next week so I'm not sure if I will have an internet connection! So if there is no poll say by 1700hours on Tuesday, would somebody kindly do it for me??  :-\

Hinfrance

No worries Kerry, I'll do it for you.

My entry won't be in until Monday - I'm a bit busy tomorrow.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Kerry Holt

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 30, 2019, 08:33:55 PM
No worries Kerry, I'll do it for you.

My entry won't be in until Monday - I'm a bit busy tomorrow.

Thanks, I'll try to do it but can't guarantee it!

jinky

I`m in with a shot of a Mother`s Day  flower which I tried to give an impressionistic feel to. You don`t notice so much until you click on it to go larger.

Kerry Holt

That's nice. Mine was an attempt at high key lighting

Hinfrance

I went for a quick grab shot of some tulips SWMBO was given by some friends for getting them some baking powder so they could make scones. Used my new LX100 (not been put off by Jinky's experience and didn't have enough dosh for one of the Sonys). Run through On1 and then Affinity using Topaz Simplify and fiddled with a bit.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on April 01, 2019, 01:51:54 PM
I went for a quick grab shot of some tulips SWMBO was given by some friends for getting them some baking powder so they could make scones. Used my new LX100 (not been put off by Jinky's experience and didn't have enough dosh for one of the Sonys). Run through On1 and then Affinity using Topaz Simplify and fiddled with a bit.

I used my LX100 for my entry too. I`ve used it a fair bit for holidays when there have been windy beaches or travelling really light. Just not good for low light levels I find

Hinfrance

Just swivelled the image around 90 degrees.

I've been taking pictures with mine at ISO 1600 and f1.7  - clear and sharp as you like. That'll do for me  ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on April 01, 2019, 06:15:42 PM
Just swivelled the image around 90 degrees.

I've been taking pictures with mine at ISO 1600 and f1.7  - clear and sharp as you like. That'll do for me  ;)

Yes its fine at 1600 bt once beyond there cannot match my fuji

Hinfrance

Interesting - I'm too old school I reckon. In my mind ISO 400 is an high ISO. I don't think I've ever used anything more than ISO 3200 on any camera, and then only because of low light and a slow (f5.6) lens. My old Fuji X series compacts were unacceptably noisy at 400.

Of course, if money were no object then a higher end camera would be acquired, but as it is one has to live within one's means. It's not like I'm a government or anything . . .   :legit:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Hinfrance

Poll is up now - and I found a picture from Jediboy in the competition file, but not in the entries thread - I added it anyway. Hope that's OK Chris?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Jediboy

Thanks H. I was using an archive photo as I didn't get a photo this week. And then didn't enter it in the thread!  :uglystupid2:
Cheers.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Kerry Holt

Thanks for sorting the poll out for me! I'm back now.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.