• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 79
  • Total: 79
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT THREAD - AGE :-- Saturday 2nd august to 23:59 Sunday 10th August 2014.

Started by kerbside, August 02, 2014, 06:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerbside

CHAT THREAD

This week's theme is AGE.

Any interpretation of the theme will be accepted so long as your entry depicts AGE. Old, New ,Young, Ancient, person or places etc: the choice is yours.

No restrictions on Post Processing. I think this offers possibilities in all sorts of 'photo styles and does not restrict anyone wherever they are in the world.

We will try the new way and start the taking of pictures, if you like, as soon as this is posted and give it a try

Pictures to be taken between posting time on Saturday 2nd august 2014 to 23:59 Sunday 10th August 2014.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 11th August 2014.
Poll will be up Tuesday 12th August 2014.
Winner to be announced Saturday 16th August. 2014.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie date at which the new topic is set xx to Sunday xx

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

kerbside

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

Reinardina

No jokes at all!

Camera hasn't left the house this week, and Daughter is on the way down for a long weekend, which means no photographs till she's left again.
But, I do have this poor houseplant Rosy, with two late old blooms drying on the stems. This is one of them. In keeping with the 'Age' theme, I edited the image accordingly.

Here's Old withered Rosy

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Jediboy

Just walked in from a lovely week away with the family. Hoping I got something there that will work as an entry, had something in mind while I was there so fingers crossed I got it right.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Jediboy

I still have some more photos to go through, but this will probably be my entry.
Moorhen chick with mum. Young and old.

Chris

kerbside

jinky

I`ll have no time for another so this is my entry.
The Old Mathematical Bridge

So called as it was supposedly built (in Cambridge) with no nuts / bolts or screws. Story goes that students took it apart to discover how ad couldn`t get it back together again without nuts, bolts and screws so you see plenty! As ever lots of stories - not built by Isaac Newton either as the story goes as it pre-dated him by 27 years.

DigiDiva

OK, An Age Old Image Of An Age Old Friend - In agony sitting here with my poorly back. Would like to make an adjustment but not sure I can today, need ibuprofen and bed. Will see how I am tomorrow. Theres one thing Im not happy with. - update - slight amendment to image!

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Jediboy

Chris - I've been suffering with an ankle injury recently. I found voltarol gel was good with the pain. Just a thought, may be worth trying.

Chris

DigiDiva

I have that but it didn't bring much relief. I find those stick on heat pads, 4 hourly ibuprofen and 4 hourly (in between) paracetamol, so im topping up every 2 hours, works the best. My daughter is a nurse and she assures me that its ok to take pills in that way. Im going to work later, but warned them how I am....no sympathy! They just want me in! Im on 8th floor and if theres a fire/bomb alarm, theres no way I can make it down 8 flights of stairs. However, they are willing to take the risk.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Jediboy

Chris

oggalily

I thought I would try a selfie with some filters to make me look as old as I could without extensive photoshop.  It took less than I expected  :'(

Sarasocke

First time entry for a long time, sorry I've been so quiet.

I actually did a shoot last week of a baby of the two-legged variety. Emma ist 9 months and I thought a image from the shoot might fit the bill.
Emma may look as though she sniffing the flower, in fact she's about to stick it in her mouth  :2funny:

Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.