• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 207
  • Total: 207
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglefire

This weekend we (as in wife and I) went to wales for the annual rally run by Quinton motor club.
Anyway. On the way back we stopped by Croft castle and had a wander around.

I didn't pack the camera as I knew I wouldn't have time on the event.

But at the castle there was a huge dragonfly that just sat there.  Begging to be photographed.  And I only had my iPhone.

Was a touched annoyed.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Plenty of Dragonflies around now. Just need a cool morning so they sit in the sun to warm up.  :tup:

anglefire

Quote from: Oldboy on July 11, 2022, 07:53:33 AM
Plenty of Dragonflies around now. Just need a cool morning so they sit in the sun to warm up.  :tup:

This was at 11:30 yesterday - must have been knackered! ;)
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

On holiday in Devon and the car has broken down - that's not the annoying thing. The annoying thing is that I don't have breakdown / recovery  >:(
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Just because I have to say this somewhere. Just got points on my licence and a obviously a fine from my wife driving my car at 111kph in an 80kph zone for crying out loud. Got "sorry about that darling". Merry Christmas to me.  :'(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

Surely the wife gets the points on her licence and not you? If not what is the incentive for anyone to not speed in a borrowed car.

As it happens my 83 year old mother got a speeding ticket the other day.........
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 23, 2022, 12:49:09 PM
Just because I have to say this somewhere. Just got points on my licence and a obviously a fine from my wife driving my car at 111kph in an 80kph zone for crying out loud. Got "sorry about that darling". Merry Christmas to me.  :'(

That's a generous present taking the points for her!

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on December 26, 2022, 12:38:25 PM

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Hinfrance

Wasn't it just. The way the system works is you have 14 days from the date of the ticket to pay a fine reduced by 50%. The trick is that it takes 10-11 days for the letter to arrive, and if I were to point out that SWMBO was driving the fine would double.

And just to prove that no good deed goes unpunished yesterday a joint on one of the radiators blew, flooding the lounge and in the ensuing panic to mop everything up the TV got knocked over, hit the edge of its stand and has a rather large and terminal hole in the screen. I had to shut the whole heating system off so we have no hot water or heating (it's not that cold to be honest) and when we phoned the insurance company this morning they said they couldn't find a record of our policy . . .

So it could be going a bit better, although I have managed to get a plumber to come out this afternoon. Fingers crossed he can get us going again, but I suspect new radiator is going to be required.

Off TV shopping this morning  ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 27, 2022, 09:03:28 AM

Wasn't it just. The way the system works is you have 14 days from the date of the ticket to pay a fine reduced by 50%. The trick is that it takes 10-11 days for the letter to arrive, and if I were to point out that SWMBO was driving the fine would double.

And just to prove that no good deed goes unpunished yesterday a joint on one of the radiators blew, flooding the lounge and in the ensuing panic to mop everything up the TV got knocked over, hit the edge of its stand and has a rather large and terminal hole in the screen. I had to shut the whole heating system off so we have no hot water or heating (it's not that cold to be honest) and when we phoned the insurance company this morning they said they couldn't find a record of our policy . . .

So it could be going a bit better, although I have managed to get a plumber to come out this afternoon. Fingers crossed he can get us going again, but I suspect new radiator is going to be required.

Off TV shopping this morning  ;)

Oh no! Sorry to hear this catalogue of bad luck H but in the words of D:ream....

Jediboy

Crikey H  sounds like a nightmare.  Good luck with it all..

And remember, with TVs, the bigger the better!
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Hinfrance

Quote from: Jediboy on December 27, 2022, 12:59:22 PM
Crikey H  sounds like a nightmare.  Good luck with it all..

And remember, with TVs, the bigger the better!

Thanks guys - we've ordered the same model TV we just broke, a QLED 55, and it cost €100 less than when bought the one we've just broken. Also plumber after deep intake of breath has a) got us back up and running after isolating the defective pipework, and b) told us we don't need a new radiator. The best thing is that he lives in the local village and was actually on his Christmas break and took time out to help us. What a star.

Our insurance agent is, of course, on holiday until the new year.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

anglefire

Adobe.

I bought the stock monthly thing last year - and forgot to cancel it within a month or whatever it was and as it was a 12month contract @ £24 a month - I later noticed and tried to cancel and was told there was a cancellation fee - so kept it on until the end as the cancellation was about the same.

So I cancelled it at the end of last year and thought nothing more until I was looking today and found I've been charged again.

To cancel will cost £120. So I'm currently on the chat with them and they have admitted that I cancelled - but it failed. No idea why.

They have offered me 3months free - saving £70 odd - but that will still leave me paying about £150 for something I don't want.

Ooh looks like I might be getting it cancelled now as I've threatened to contact the credit card company.

I know that they have to make money, but this really leaves a bad taste!

Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Sounds bad. I always though adobe was a good company.  :(

StephenBatey

Adobe have been in my bad books since the Dmitry Sklyarov case. Adobe tipped off the FBI and had him arrested when he came as a conference speaker to the US because while he was in his native Russia he did something legal there, but illegal in the US, which exposed a somewhat shady action on Adobe's part... And everyone knows US laws apply everywhere, not just in the US.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.