• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 71
  • Total: 71
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Blacks come out blue

Started by Sarasocke, March 17, 2010, 10:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

Check the ink prices and print quality.
My experience tends to point towards Epson producing much better prints - but do so with with much dearer ink supplies!

Sarasocke

Actually the inks seem to be about the same price. If I understand correctly there are two different sizes for the P50 - 7.4 ml and 11 ml. From one supplier the 7.4 ml are about 9.50€ and the 11 ml 12.9€ (varies from colour to colour).
The pixma inks are about 9.45€, but it doesn't say how much there is in a cartridge.

With a rating up to 21 one test report gave Epson 21 and Canon 20 on the quality of the prints.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Simple

Carol,
I never had much problems with the Epson. I use the R285 which is now the P50. I have recommended the P50 to many people and they are all over the moon with it.
I get my inks from this place http://www.inkredible.co.uk/Default.aspx?View=Offers&OffersView=OffersListView&CategoryID=2653 and the big size compatibles are very good indeed.
I need to use Epson paper with original inks to see a slight difference in quality, but for professional jobs I use pro labs anyway, so with paper from Lidl and cheap inks I can print  whatever I like without it costing me a fortune.

Jonathan

I'm about to throw 3 X Epson R220s out.  I have literally used them to destruction printing DVDs.  I shall be very glad to see them go.

They've worked well and I probably now know more than most people about Epson error codes and patterns of not working.  But Epson really cannot write drivers for Macs.  They are just hopeless at it.  I feel a change to Pixmas coming on.
It's Guest's round

Sarasocke

Guys, you are not helping  :-*

I think there's problably really very little to choose between the two.

A question I asked Sue as I thought she printed postcards .... maybe someone else knows. I print postcards in A6 but have a problem with the pixma. To get a decent print I have to "pretend" I'm printing on A4, i.e. I copy my motive onto a quarter of a blank A4 file. Canon doesn't support A6, only 10x15cm which is unfortunately not the same. According to the blurb on the Epsons, A6 IS supported.
Anyone help ?
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.