• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 130
  • Total: 130
  • Google
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

NUMBERS and / or LETTERS - CHAT 12th-19th July 2020

Started by jinky, July 12, 2020, 08:26:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

NUMBERS and / or  LETTERS..... They`re all around you whether on signs, in nature occurring naturally in the outline of a bush , tree or flower ... Wherever you see a number or letter or series of numbers or letters  let` s see your best shot.
This is the CHAT thread.

Interpret and edit how you wish, no holds barred on the PP.

Pictures to be taken preferably between now and Sunday 19th July 2020, or if you do not have time something from your archives that fits the brief.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59 Monday 20th July 2020.
Poll will be up Tuesday 21st July 2020.

Winner to be announced Saturday 25th July 2020.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to;

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Jediboy

This is my rushed entry. Off on holiday to Cornwall early tomorrow and realised that I didn't have a entry, so grabbed this whilst on the school run.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Hinfrance

There is a now slightly out of fashion trend here  for couples to place a padlock on a bridge to symbolise their affection and loyalty. This is one of dozens attached to a pedestrian bridge in Agen.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

A shot from my Corona rebellion series yesterday. having been told all public parks were open we took the grandkids to the local park. So excited! Got there to find 2 kids and parents in already but all gates locked. "Squeeze in between the fence and the bushes " they said - "It should be open but they`ve forgotten to unlock the gates". Did so and had a nice play and advised others to do what we had done after the first parents had left. Soon 20 + people in there. e squeezed out and wen for a walk coming back 20 minutes later. By this time all had been expelled by park keepers and leaflets re-applied. Seems only some parks in Leeds were open to the public and not all. Typical of the lack of clarity being given.

Oldboy

I assume you are not going to use this photo, as it was taken under illegal circumstances?  :o :legit:

Now come on you don't expect the council to know what they are doing.  >:(

Jediboy

I thought that all play areas were open now.
Our local one is.
Could this be a local decision by the local/parish Council???

Chris

jinky

Quote from: Jediboy on July 18, 2020, 09:09:45 PM
I thought that all play areas were open now.
Our local one is.
Could this be a local decision by the local/parish Council???

On looking into it Leeds had decided they could only open once all equipment had been checked and measures taken to assess and control numbers! As if they have people on site to monitor that and did those checks more than annually before! I`m guessing it was more a political statement about Johnson announcing something for the next day without having alerted councils to the opening. They`ve officially opened only 4 playgrounds in Leeds. Unofficially every one I`ve seen is in use now.

Jediboy

I bet they are in use. The message is confusing at times and to open a few and not others is never going to work.

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.