• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 52
  • Total: 52
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Spoiled for Choice

Started by ABERS, August 09, 2011, 07:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

Got my latest edition of Black+White Photography yesterday, and as usual had a look at the 'What's on and Where' section that lists all the photographic exhibitions that are on in and around the country.
In total for the month of August there are some 44 places you can visit to look at other photographers' work. Not being involved in other art forms, I wondered if there would be as many exhibitions of say painting or sculpture available to the public or exponents of those genres?

Do you visit such exhibitions or are you content to view pictures in magazines or on-line?

rksmith51

I have to admit I've never been to an exhibition, I don't have any plans to either. I know I could be missing a load of inspirational images but the web is so vast that there is already a sea of images available.
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

ABERS

I find there's nothing to compare to a print. Digital imagine has its place and can provide access to all genres of photography, but a well printed and sympathetically mounted image has a quality that, for me  anyway, is the ultimate in the photographic process.

I suppose it's a hangover from the pre-digital age.

irv_b

Although I was not into photography properly pre-digital, I also prefer to see a print on a wall it sort of actually brings it to life, I suppose it a perceived 3d effect ( to my eyes that a computer screen cant quite achieve) so much so that I will if out on a walk in town and come across an exhibition I will spend as much time looking at it as walking the streets!
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

krennon

I like to see prints mounted be they shot on film or digital, we're decorating our hall and landing at the weekend and the missus has said she wants me to put some of my prints up, so going to go through the shots on the 'pooter" with her, decide which ones we want, send them off to DSC then either invest in a mount cutter and self healing mat myself or pay the man at tolworth to mount them for me, some cheap but really nice wooden frames from Ikea and the hall and stairs will be adorned with my work  :tup:

I like exhibitions purely because it gives you a sense of what your own work can look like, and what's the point of having thousands of images (like I have) languishing on your hard drive never to be seen.....most camera clubs hold annual exhibitions so why not go along to your local clubs exhibition and have a look see
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Reinardina

If ever there is an exhibition in town (that I know of) I'll have a look. I too like to see photos in print.

We have two mounted and framed A3 photos of mine in the living room. I'm ready to change them by now, as I have 'moved on,' but hubby isn't tired of them yet.

Problem in a case like this is, that your latest shots are (almost) always better. Or at least I think so. I'd probably change them every couple of weeks if I were in sole charge.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Just Dave

If I ever see exhibitions of photographers or artist I always have a look, also I often look for them when were away on holiday especially local photographers and artist get some good ideas of places of interest which would otherwise be missed  :tup:

Ive just had one of my shots of a small skipper butterfly, accepted for a permanent exhibition in Museum Of Lancashire in Preston, after they saw it and contacted me, its due to open in November, got an invite to the opening night as well as a press soft launch just before the official opening  :tup:
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.