• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 43
  • Total: 43
wex
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on June 13, 2014, 02:32:22 PM
Quote from: Hinfrance on June 13, 2014, 12:57:08 PM
I suspect that by 'qualified' Clegg simply means Guardian subscribers.

I would hazard a guess he meant that the teacher should be proficient in five or six other languages besides English, which he or she would need for the odd few whose native tongue it was.

I disagree, I don't think the teachers need English, as the state will pay for an interpreter!  >:( >:( >:(

Jediboy

I'm bemused by the fact that it's 0030 and I'm watching football.

I hate football.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Hinfrance

Quote from: Jediboy on June 15, 2014, 12:25:42 AM
I'm bemused by the fact that it's 0030 and I'm watching football.

I hate football.

I know the feeling - we got home from a show last night and watched the first half while we unwound before hitting the sack. Nothing much happened, so it was quite relaxing ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Haven't had the TV on for at least ten days. A friend was quite surprised, as the Dutch team apparently did very well. He watched it, and was raving about van Persie.
I was pleased, but couldn't really care.

I'm going to Holland for three weeks on Thursday, and I fear I will not be able to escape it there. Part of the time, I'm staying with football mad friends.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

donoreo

My neighbours had their TV outside in the back and a crowd watching the Italy England game.  They back onto the path to the park so they had extra people.  They also did the same thing for part of the hockey playoffs (which thankfully ended this week - season is too long - preseason in Sept, regular season Oct to April, playoffs through June). 

spinner

People posting incredibly bad photos to their Facebook accounts. A friend is continually posting blurry shots to her page. Another just posted a bunch of shots where a flash should have been used, but wasn't. I can 'see' who's in the shots because I know them.  ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

jinky

Quote from: spinner on July 14, 2014, 10:47:28 AM
People posting incredibly bad photos to their Facebook accounts. A friend is continually posting blurry shots to her page. Another just posted a bunch of shots where a flash should have been used, but wasn't. I can 'see' who's in the shots because I know them.  ;D

I know what you mean Spinner. What gets me is when you see a blurred, poorly composed photo even  adopted as a profile picture getting comments like " Wonderful photo" and I`m there thinking - really! It hurts even more when someone posts phone / poor compact wedding shots before I am allowed to release any official ones from a job and they get similar responses. I`m always happy tp pick out 2/3 of my best efforts and put small one with logo out there to try and make them see photos don`t have to be bad.

Jediboy

Quote from: jinky on July 14, 2014, 11:19:57 AM
Quote from: spinner on July 14, 2014, 10:47:28 AM

I know what you mean Spinner. What gets me is when you see a blurred, poorly composed photo even  adopted as a profile picture getting comments like " Wonderful photo" and I`m there thinking - really! It hurts even more when someone posts phone / poor compact wedding shots before I am allowed to release any official ones from a job and they get similar responses. I`m always happy tp pick out 2/3 of my best efforts and put small one with logo out there to try and make them see photos don`t have to be bad.

Likewise, I know what you mean. But I think that most people are not interested in photography, and the only thing they do is take snaps on their phones. And invariably these snaps are not very good.
My wife does it occasionally. She doesn't look at technical merit, but rather what the photo has captured - a memory usually. So I guess I can see why people do it. To a degree.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

spinner

Quote from: Jediboy on July 14, 2014, 12:59:23 PM

Likewise, I know what you mean. But I think that most people are not interested in photography, and the only thing they do is take snaps on their phones. And invariably these snaps are not very good.
My wife does it occasionally. She doesn't look at technical merit, but rather what the photo has captured - a memory usually. So I guess I can see why people do it. To a degree.

Ha, I don't think my wife knows she has a camera on her phone.  ;D
Ol' blue eyes

spinner

What bemused me? Kids today. No wasting time when they want something. On my daughter's 1 month wedding anniversary announces she's 2 months pregnant.  :beer:
Ol' blue eyes

jinky

That's quite disciplined nowadays Spinner. I shot a wedding a couple of months back where the bride was 8.5 months pregnant. Managed to do  it as a combined bump shoot but boy was she hormonal! Baby in fact came the next week!

Reinardina

Crutches and walking sticks all over town. Spent most of the day in town, and was amazed by the number of people with 'walking aids.' Not only old people, and people with plaster casts, but many a young man and woman, with no visible injury, stumbling about with often two crutches. What is going on?

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on August 05, 2014, 08:12:44 PM
Crutches and walking sticks all over town. Spent most of the day in town, and was amazed by the number of people with 'walking aids.' Not only old people, and people with plaster casts, but many a young man and woman, with no visible injury, stumbling about with often two crutches. What is going on?

It could 'Be a Pirate Day', but they forgot the Parrots!  :P :legit:

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on August 05, 2014, 09:30:51 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on August 05, 2014, 08:12:44 PM

It could 'Be a Pirate Day', but they forgot the Parrots!  :P :legit:

They all had two complete legs.

kerbside

How many school kids drive cars. Since they have been on holiday getting to work has been a doddle. :D

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.