• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 48
  • Total: 48
  • Google
Wish
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

The most astonishing claim to justification of land grab is the assertion of some Israelis that God gave the land to Abraham.

jinky

My facebook newsfeed is currently filling with the latest sheep like  procession of shots of women without make up. They thank their nominator and say they are doing it to "raise awareness of  cancer". No fundraising no mention of what type of cancer. This sort of thing on facebook really annoys me. To me we are all too aware of cancer and whilst I applaud the efforts of many to raise funds to find cures / coping strategies / support such stupid antics do nothing. Much like the necnominations when people were encouraged to drink copious amounts of strange brews in one!

PS H and facebook haters - yes I know you don`t like FB but some of us have little niches there and as  a means of being in touch with some friends / getting the odd photography job  it works OK  for me - mostly!

hevans

Quote from: donoreo on March 16, 2014, 02:00:05 PM
The difference with Crimea right now is they are not going to independence, they are voting on joining Russia. 

We have had the same thing with Quebec.  Voted twice and both times voted to stay in the country.  One thing that may be different is that with Quebec both times the question asked on the vote was so vague and unclear that some people voted for it not really understanding what it meant.  Seriously, what the hell is "Sovereignty Association"? 

The west (and the UK in particular) must be very careful with this matter. If they fail to recognize a majority vote for self determination, it could play very awkwardly with:

• The Falklands
  • Gibraltar
  • Scotland
  • Northern Ireland
  • The Isle of Wight
  • and probably great chunks of Yorkshire ;)

Hinfrance

You forgot Cornwall. For shame.

My amusement this morning came from the cat imitating a fly. It decided it would like to get out on the roof, as it is a lovely sunny day. This it often does by jumping through the dormer window in the study. Only this morning I hadn't opened the window when the cat made its bid for the great outdoors. Cue double thud; one impact with the glass, one impact on the floor. The thing is, it's so stupid it looked dumbfounded, if a cat can have such an expression - or maybe that was just the concussion.  :2funny:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 20, 2014, 07:57:30 AM
You forgot Cornwall. For shame.

My amusement this morning came from the cat imitating a fly. It decided it would like to get out on the roof, as it is a lovely sunny day. This it often does by jumping through the dormer window in the study. Only this morning I hadn't opened the window when the cat made its bid for the great outdoors. Cue double thud; one impact with the glass, one impact on the floor. The thing is, it's so stupid it looked dumbfounded, if a cat can have such an expression - or maybe that was just the concussion.  :2funny:

You're a cruel man H.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

I didn't do anything to the cat, it did it all by itself.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 20, 2014, 09:05:16 AM
I didn't do anything to the cat, it did it all by itself.

But you found it  :2funny:

Hinfrance

You'd have to have a heart of stone not to :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Hinfrance

Our kitchen has two doors, opposite ends of the kitchen, both leading to the L shaped living area. Cat came in and went to closed door on its way to the living room. It just sat there looking at the closed door. Eventually it went back out through the cat flap. Is there really any creature on god's earth more stupid and pointless than the domestic cat?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 21, 2014, 07:18:07 PM
Our kitchen has two doors, opposite ends of the kitchen, both leading to the L shaped living area. Cat came in and went to closed door on its way to the living room. It just sat there looking at the closed door. Eventually it went back out through the cat flap. Is there really any creature on god's earth more stupid and pointless than the domestic cat?

Whose idea was it to get a stupid and pointless pet? And if not to a/bemuse, why?

Or are you just trying to keep the site running? It's darned quiet at the momnet. I occasionally pop in to see what's going, but there's hardly anyone there.

Where is everyone?

Hinfrance

Quote from: Reinardina on March 21, 2014, 08:19:10 PM

Whose idea was it to get a stupid and pointless pet? And if not to a/bemuse, why?

Not mine  :legit:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 21, 2014, 08:27:14 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on March 21, 2014, 08:19:10 PM

Not mine  :legit:

Are you trying to tell me, you are living with someone, who foisted that thing on you?

ABERS

Had a holiday in the New Forest last week and managed to get out with the camera on three days. Just had a look at what I took. Out of 148 images I have 88 chocolate box pictures of various ponies, 30 pictures of chocolate box images of dilapidated barns, cottages etc. and an assortment of 'lone tree' pictures, plus one that has some promise.

What a waste of time, still the weather was good and I topped up my vitamin D.

Great place for a holiday and chocolate box pictures, if that's your bag. :doh:

donoreo

Chocolate box pictures?  I do not understand the reference. 

Hinfrance

It's a colloquialism Don. It means the kind of picture that you would find on an old fashioned chocolate box or biscuit tin lid, often depicting some nostalgic rural scene or pretty Cotswold village. One of my friends lives in a village called Bibury which has had images of it used on countless confectionery packets. Just type Bibury into an image search and you'll see what I mean.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.