• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 36
  • Total: 36
  • Google
bhphotovideo
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

sorry for any offence - but that answer can only ellicite the response of "no sh*t"  :uglystupid2:

What is worse, is that some one got paid good money to research that conclusion and then quite a few others got paid to create computer programs to give them that answer.

I have another theory - my 2 daughters should live longer than me if taken collectively!

I wonder if these people actuarially have a life? Or any common sense?  :-\
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

spinner

Aren't Insurance companies grand? The organization I used to work for has a retiree association that has quarterly meetings. At the last meeting i went to they had representatives of our group insurance people there to answer questions. Except that they didn't, or couldn't answer some of the more telling questions. Like for instance why, if the Province of Ont. (and Alberta but I don't live there) allows me to remain out of country for 8 mths and still be covered by our gov't. insurance, does the private top up insurance only allow a 3 month absence? Or, why, after a certain age, does the same top up insurance require me to return home every 60 days?. The answer? Oh, that's someone else's dept. Can't tell you.  >:(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

donoreo

Hinfrance

You just can't get the staff these days . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Andrew

Quote from: Oldboy on February 24, 2014, 02:26:49 PM
The oldest complaint?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2566569/Furious-customer-sends-complaint-Trading-Standards-turned-prostitute-brothel.html   :-[

And there you have the whole issue of prostitution in nutshell.

Whilst it may be deemed an immoral activity, it has been going on since before the days of the Bible and will continue for as long as people have an urge to satiate.
What I find amazing  is just how much money swaps hand (no pun intended) in that industry and the tax man does not see a penny of it.
I wonder how much tax would be paid if the industry were to  be legalised etc?
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!

Graham

Yesterday, my good lady wife took a dozen or so of her kids (she's a junior school teacher.) on a "litter pick" arranged by the school and local council to tidy up the local parks.
One of the kids drags a small rucksack from under a hedge, "something not quite right there" thinks the man from the council "Let's have a look".
Contained what I believe is known as a "Cache" of live ammunition. Presumably placed to be collected later.
I've placed a small wager with my wife that the papers don't get to hear about it.  :-X
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Andrew

Quote from: Graham on March 05, 2014, 11:45:09 AM
Yesterday, my good lady wife took a dozen or so of her kids (she's a junior school teacher.) on a "litter pick" arranged by the school and local council to tidy up the local parks.
One of the kids drags a small rucksack from under a hedge, "something not quite right there" thinks the man from the council "Let's have a look".
Contained what I believe is known as a "Cache" of live ammunition. Presumably placed to be collected later.
I've placed a small wager with my wife that the papers don't get to hear about it.  :-X

Sorry, what are you did you say?  :doh:

donoreo

Wow.  You could make sure the papers hear about it. 

Graham

Quote from: donoreo on March 05, 2014, 02:36:11 PM
Wow.  You could make sure the papers hear about it.
Don't think that didn't ocour to me.  ;)
Unfortunately my wife still has to work there and it's the sort of area where the locals keep their ammo in the bushes!  :legit:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Reinardina

Overheard conversation between little girl and her mother:

"Mummy, will you cook pot noodles for tea?"
"Daddy cooks today."
"I hope he cooks MacDonald's."

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Graham

Quote from: Reinardina on March 07, 2014, 08:54:55 PM

"Daddy cooks today."
:o :'( :knuppel2:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Reinardina

Quote from: Graham on March 08, 2014, 07:37:29 AM
Quote from: Reinardina on March 07, 2014, 08:54:55 PM

"Daddy cooks today."
:o :'( :knuppel2:

I was stunned! Is this 21st century family life?

donoreo

I have asked my wife before what she is making and she says "A phone call" :)  I actually make most evening meals here. 

Reinardina

Quote from: donoreo on March 08, 2014, 03:03:04 PM
I have asked my wife before what she is making and she says "A phone call" :)  I actually make most evening meals here.

But do you make a 'MacDonald's'?

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.