• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 51
  • Total: 51
  • Google
photobox
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on December 18, 2013, 05:02:21 PM
Being chatted up by a young (good looking!) chap, my daughter's age!

Saw me taking photos, and used that as a 'lead in,' if that's the right expression.

Did he have a white stick?  :P :legit:

ABERS

Saw me taking photos, and used that as a 'lead in,' if that's the right expression.

You were bemused, he was just bewitched. ;)

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on December 18, 2013, 06:49:02 PM

You were bemused, he was just bewitched. ;)

Cursed more likely! Poor chap.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

donoreo

He wanted to do a little nude posing for you ;)

Reinardina

Quote from: donoreo on December 18, 2013, 07:37:17 PM

If only he'd offered; we might have taken him up on it. (I was with a male photographer friend, who, at the time, was shooting a little further away.)

Oh and another amazing thing: I was interviewed at the same venue, by the local rag. And photographed as well.

donoreo

Quote from: Reinardina on December 18, 2013, 07:44:18 PM

If only he'd offered; we might have taken him up on it. (I was with a male photographer friend, who, at the time, was shooting a little further away.)

Oh and another amazing thing: I was interviewed at the same venue, by the local rag. And photographed as well.
You must have "had it going on" that day  ;)

Reinardina

Quote from: donoreo on December 19, 2013, 02:50:27 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on December 18, 2013, 07:44:18 PM

You must have "had it going on" that day  ;)

Yes, it was all happening at once.

jinky

Need an arty description of what your work means ?
Look no further...
http://www.artybollocks.com/

My work ...well

My work explores the relationship between new class identities and daytime TV.

With influences as diverse as Munch and Francis Bacon, new insights are distilled from both orderly and random structures.

Ever since I was a student I have been fascinated by the essential unreality of meaning. What starts out as contemplation soon becomes corroded into a tragedy of distress, leaving only a sense of what could have been and the chance of a new synthesis.

As temporal forms become distorted through studious and repetitive practice, the viewer is left with an insight into the darkness of our world.

Reinardina

An insight into the darkness ... How revealing.

But a great description.

ABERS

Quote from: jinky on December 26, 2013, 08:40:45 AM
Need an arty description of what your work means ?
Look no further...
http://www.artybollocks.com/

My work ...well

My work explores the relationship between new class identities and daytime TV.

With influences as diverse as Munch and Francis Bacon, new insights are distilled from both orderly and random structures.

Ever since I was a student I have been fascinated by the essential unreality of meaning. What starts out as contemplation soon becomes corroded into a tragedy of distress, leaving only a sense of what could have been and the chance of a new synthesis.

As temporal forms become distorted through studious and repetitive practice, the viewer is left with an insight into the darkness of our world.

How so very true!  :tup:

A great insight into your work Jinky (What does it actually mean?)

spinner

have guests here for the holidays. It's a small trailer so not a lot of spare space. Normally I'd have been up and hour ago, put on a pot of coffee and done some scrubbing up. But some one's sleeping on the couch near the kitchen, so here I am sitting outside in my Florida room banging away on my ipad. At least it is warm enough to enjoy the outside, in the dark, with helicopters circling over head.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

jinky

As you may know I do the odd wedding here and there to pay for my travels which means I am on a number of facebook wedding groups where brides seek to get people to shoot for nothing if they can. I stick to my prices and thus have only had a couple of bookings from there and should give them up but... I just cannot resist seeing what they are asking for and always "on a budget". Chocolate fountains and the lie are old hat. Now they want fully stocked candy carts (guess where they are from) for kids to get sick on,  giant 3ft sparklers for the shots, goldfish tea light bowls, intricate table layouts / name cards they`ll pay people loads to make, photobooths for a couple of hours costing half what I am charging for 12 hours work - got to be seen to be believed and no matter how little their budget it is they want it all. This morning I look and a new low. "Anyone know if there are any little people in Leeds area?" She asks . A photographer I know asks what she means and she says "I want a dwarf to dress as an elf to hand out sweets and presents to the kids" !!! This photographer replies she`s got a friend with some syndrome who is very short and she`ll get in touch!! Now I try never to comment on the stupidity and crassness in  there for fear of harming business but really. Havig deleted my original comment I settled for a "Gulp!!!". The poster has now asked what I mean by "Gulp" which I think I`ll ignore as the photographer is admin for the group and would probably ban me if I explained but really.Is it just me that finds this crass, exploitative and in very poor taste! :uglystupid2: :doh:

Reinardina

Absolutely horrible. People have become so rude and amoral, and seem to have lost, what used to be called 'common decency.'

I blame the reality shows, the celebrity world, and the popularity of social media. Everything seems to be about me, me, me and me. Never a thought for anyone outside the very narrow peer group.

jinky

I agree R - I feel we have gone backwards in the last 5/6 years - almost a backlash to what was perceived as being too PC. I almost feel like replying the gulp is the sound of the "little person" landing face down in the mud in the dwarf throwing  competition she`ll no doubt be having as part of the other entertainment !

Hinfrance

Well it might be just you, up to a point. I was reading an interview with Warwick Davis in the Torygraph yesterday (might be pay- walled). He runs the leading UK agency for dwarf and short performers. I'm sure he'd have a client to take the booking, but like you Paul, it wouldn't be free ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.