• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 48
  • Total: 48
  • Google
7ds
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

Reading a comment from some bod from the Equestrian world commenting on GB's silver medal success in the three day eventing competition (well done).

He said that he hoped that this would encourage more people to take up the sport.  :o

I'll go on to fleabay to see what horses are up for sale and change my name to Peregrine and then pop off down to Gatcombe Park to join the club. Sound a jolly wheeze to me.  :dance:

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on August 02, 2012, 07:21:22 AM
Reading a comment from some bod from the Equestrian world commenting on GB's silver medal success in the three day eventing competition (well done).

He said that he hoped that this would encourage more people to take up the sport.  :o

I'll go on to fleabay to see what horses are up for sale and change my name to Peregrine and then pop off down to Gatcombe Park to join the club. Sound a jolly wheeze to me.  :dance:
Yes, I noticed the nice young chap who won the clay shooting gold said much the same thing! He also said he used to be a cricketer, but was'nt very good, so he became a full time shooter.  ???
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

Having seen that Wiggo chap fly past the end of my road last Wednesday, I've a mind to take up this competitive cycling lark. Trouble is I've lost my cycle clips and I can't get the basket off the front of the bike (my wife's).

I guess I'll have to stick to my Free Running down at the Waitrose car park instead, a much better class of competitor there, in the hope that it will eventually become an Olympic sport. I can straddle two trolleys laid on their side already, the ones standing up are a bit of a problem! ::) :legit:

spinner

Got an email alert for my LloydsTBS account. Did one of you nice people open an account for me? ;D

You would think these idiot spammers would at least limit their emails to geographical areas where people might have such an account.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on August 03, 2012, 02:26:32 PM
Got an email alert for my LloydsTBS account. Did one of you nice people open an account for me? ;D

You would think these idiot spammers would at least limit their emails to geographical areas where people might have such an account.

Perhaps you opened the account when you were drunk!  :2funny:

Graham

Quote from: Oldboy on August 03, 2012, 03:40:14 PM

Could you try and narrow it down a bit Oldboy?  :beer: :2funny:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

anglefire

I had one today from three telling me my account has been frozen and to click on the link.

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

spinner

That would have to be one heck of a bender, fly round trip to GB and back open an account and not remember any of it.
LloydsTBS doesn't have any branches here that I know of.  ???
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on August 04, 2012, 11:39:16 AM

That would have to be one heck of a bender, fly round trip to GB and back open an account and not remember any of it.
LloydsTBS doesn't have any branches here that I know of.  ???

You could have done it online.  ;D

Hinfrance

I decided to fire up the gas BBQ to burn off the fat from the last time we used it.

Suffice it to say that it was a good job I have a number of fire extinguishers about the house.

It'll take a bit of cleaning now, but it's not too badly melted . .  :uglystupid2:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on August 10, 2012, 04:31:46 PM
I decided to fire up the gas BBQ to burn off the fat from the last time we used it.

Suffice it to say that it was a good job I have a number of fire extinguishers about the house.

It'll take a bit of cleaning now, but it's not too badly melted . .  :uglystupid2:

Do you always eat fatty food? Or do you rely on the BBQ to melt it off, before it is consumed?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Graham

Quote from: Hinfrance on August 10, 2012, 04:31:46 PM

Oh, you mean like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkO269-Ru7k

Graham.  :2funny:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

Nah, loads more smoke. I just about managed to avoid setting fire to anything else.   8)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

Must admit it was a couple of weeks ago when it bemused me, so I stopped to take a picture.

Suburban Red by abers, on Flickr

???

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: ABERS on August 12, 2012, 09:13:09 AM
Must admit it was a couple of weeks ago when it bemused me, so I stopped to take a picture.

Suburban Red by abers, on Flickr

???

Perhaps some folk hoped the Olympians passing by would slow down (while they had a comfortable viewing) or stop for an impromptu interview  :-\
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.