• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 40
  • Total: 40
  • Google
photobox
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: Tringle WP on October 14, 2010, 06:24:32 AM
Quote from: Dave on October 13, 2010, 09:58:06 PM
Just been informed by comment on another forum that the horizon on the picture below is 0.3 degree out.... :knuppel2:

And so it is. But the main thing wrong with it is that you have failed to correct for the curvature of the earth. What are you like, eh?

Which forum ?
I have around a 100 seascapes I would like them to look at and measure the horizons.  :uglystupid2: :doh:
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

jinky

No it`s 0.28 degrees out I`d say Dave - great shot.

Of course what I have learned elsewhere is that you should have gone more off and stated it was a Dutch Angle - which evidently is the technical term for the tilted shots we all see. I find more and more of my shots are ditch angle when I look at them but some very subtly so  :)

skellum

The forum is "worldphotographyforum" which to be honest is not very good.. :-\

Just Dave

Quote from: Dave on October 13, 2010, 09:58:06 PM
Just been informed by comment on another forum that the horizon on the picture below is 0.3 degree out.... :knuppel2:

Shame on you Dave, dont know how you missed that, :2funny: Flippin fools
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Hinfrance

What, honestly, is the point of airport security?

Nice try.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

Quote from: Tringle WP on November 06, 2010, 08:26:07 PM
What, honestly, is the point of airport security?

Nice try.

Tell me about it, it appears one of my wife's medications contains nitroglycerin. When we went to fly out last week to Miami the TSA found 'explosive' residue on her hands. Nobody asked her if she takes medication for her heart, they just treated her like a potential terrorist, made her strip off her coat and sweater and frisked her all in public view, then they went through her carry on luggage. She hates flying, has to take tranq's to get by and this just put her in a tizzy before we even got on the plane.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hinfrance

You can only work in airport security if you are too pathologically misanthropic to get a job as a traffic warden or tax inspector  >:(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

The results of the Taylor Wessing portrait competition announced on the BBc news website and in BJP.

http://www.bjp-online.com/british-journal-of-photography/news/1895182/david-chancellor-wins-taylor-wessing-photographic-portrait-prize

It's a strange world we live in sometimes. I'm not too sure if the editor of the BJP is damning the results with faint praise here.

'Though derided by many for its perceived preference for po-faced artiness and its obsession with images of sullen teenagers, the prize provides a unique barometer of contemporary portraiture and our changing attitudes towards representation," writes Simon Bainbridge, BJP's editor, in the magazine's November issue

It's nice of the BBC, on their piece on the results, to spare us the ridiculous and somewhat obscene by cropping the lady sitting outside her house devoid of her knickers. The BJP has no qualms in showing it in all it's glory, the picture I mean.  ;).

Didn't there used to be joke about keeping flies out of the house? :legit:

Hinfrance

Well I like the first prize picture, Lamprou's picture, on the other hand, quite a long way the wrong side of tacky and pointless IMHO. The trouble is, I think I know which one is going to be remembered.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

spinner

Quote from: Tringle WP on November 10, 2010, 03:13:48 PM
Well I like the first prize picture, Lamprou's picture, on the other hand, quite a long way the wrong side of tacky and pointless IMHO. The trouble is, I think I know which one is going to be remembered.

Yes, in nightmares no doubt. That is as unphotogenic a subject as I can ever imagine.  :-[
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Graham

Well, I find both front page pics a bit obscene in their own sweet way.
                                 Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on November 10, 2010, 02:08:45 PM
Didn't there used to be joke about keeping flies out of the house? :legit:

My father, when he was in the army and before been sent abroad, was given a lecture on VD by the medical officer who finished with these wise words, 'Remember flies spread diseases, so keep yours shut!  :2funny: :2funny:

Graham

The picture editor of the Derby Evening Telegraph requested that I send in some of my Motorhead pics before midnight on the evening of the show, so I did just that.
      I got this comment back via email.

"thanks Graham
nice pics
I will ask our entertainment people if they can squeeze one in - with your name on it of course - BUT I am not sure at this stage whether they will run anything as it happened already last night...
will email you to let you know ;O)
Very Best
Victoria :O)

So. If you want to get a pic in the paper make sure you get it on the editors desk before the event actually happens!
                                       Graham.  ???
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

jinky

Taylor Wessing Portraits shots - my god they are both rubbish to me. I obviously know nothing. The first seems too tightly cropped, totally uncomvincing as a hunter set up and subject to a little distortion. The 2nd would sit better as a Reader`s Wives snapshot and to be honest looking at the small pic I thought she had a todger!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.