• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 41
  • Total: 41
millets
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CML-1591

Quote from: Dave on February 11, 2010, 07:53:17 PM
I like the Woody Allen quote....... :2funny:... :legit:

It is all so in the film 'School of Rock' - well thats where I heard it.
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

jinky

It`s oh so different in secondary education now Abers - don`t know about primary. My teacher wife is rarely home before 6, has at least 3 days work to do "on holiday" next week - including one day in school and spends at least 5-7 hours working everu weekend and a minimum of 1.5 hours Monday to thursday evenings after school. She rarely gets a ,lunch break with a head of department that gets round limits on maximum of supposedly 2 evening meetings a week by calling extra at lunch!
The sooner she leaves the better - makes me feel guilty when I tell her what bad light I have had all day for my photography ;)

Graham

Quote from: jinky on February 13, 2010, 05:59:05 AM
It`s oh so different in secondary education now Abers - don`t know about primary. My teacher wife is rarely home before 6, has at least 3 days work to do "on holiday" next week - including one day in school and spends at least 5-7 hours working everu weekend and a minimum of 1.5 hours Monday to thursday evenings after school. She rarely gets a ,lunch break with a head of department that gets round limits on maximum of supposedly 2 evening meetings a week by calling extra at lunch!
The sooner she leaves the better - makes me feel guilty when I tell her what bad light I have had all day for my photography ;)
Hey Jinky. Tell me about it!
                                          My wifes the same, I don't know how she does it.
                                                Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Graham

Well. As you can see from the view from my bedroom window, Derby now has a fully functioning helipad at it's new hospital.
               Today we had a visitor to our door inviting us to sign a petition complaining about the noise of the helicopters landing in what, despite the new hospital, is still a residential area.
               One of the good ladys point's was that there had been up to six landings a day!
               Now let me say right now that both myself and my wife have full time jobs, and since the ambulance in the sky dos'nt land after dark it causes us little disturbance.
               I explained this to the lady, and futher that six landings meant six less jobs for the countries funeral parlours! I then sugested that perhaps she should try and look a little more positivley on the situation. I, for example, on hearing that there was now a major A&E department less than half a mile from my front door, went straight out and bourght that circular saw I had been promising myself!
               Sadly she was unable to see my point and seemed to be saying that the badly injured occupants of the helicopter should have the decency to die by the roadside rather than interupt her enjoyment of the Emerdale omnibus edition!
               I could see my points were not getting through and took the only option open to me... I felled her with a left hook!....That may not actually be true but it was certainly in my mind >:(
                                    Thank you . I feel better for that!...... Graham.

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

spinner

Ah the blissfullness that comes from self imposed ignorance, or in otherwords, people who are so stupid, they don't recognize they are. :D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

nickt

England's crap performance against Italy.
Nick :'(

greypoint

Does anyone else see a smiley face on that helicopter... looks like a giant cartoon bug ::)

Forseti

Quote from: greypoint on February 14, 2010, 06:33:03 PM
Does anyone else see a smiley face on that helicopter... looks like a giant cartoon bug ::)

Yes indeed. The fact of it being a helicopter escaped me altogether at the beginning. Wonder what's on the door when it's closed - a big pair of lips perhaps.. :2funny:
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

ABERS

It's the snub nose that makes it for me! ;D

Graham

I did'nt see it when I took the picture, but it screams at you on the screen! ;D

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

After all the talk about warmer winters it now appears that Spring is going to be later, by about a month, this year, but when it does come it's going to be a burst of colours. I noticed the Snowdrops were late but the Bluebells, which put out foliage for a month or so before the flowers, has started to appear.  ;D

Don't know if anyone else has noticed but in Sandwell Valley a lot of molehills have appeared. I assume it's because the ground is still very wet, and had been for the last three months. At a rough guess it must be in excess of two hundred.  :o

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on February 17, 2010, 11:47:54 PM

Don't know if anyone else has noticed but in Sandwell Valley a lot of molehills have appeared. I assume it's because the ground is still very wet, and had been for the last three months. At a rough guess it must be in excess of two hundred.  :o

Enough for a mountain? :legit:
Ol' blue eyes

ABERS

Receiving an email telling me that someone had posted a comment on my rarely used and recently updated blog. I don't mind or care what reactions I get from what I say or feel, that I suppose is par for the course. But why Oh why does the person not have the guts to put their name to what they say or feel and post their comment anonymously?

greypoint

Hmm - the style looks vaguely familiar ???   Yes, there were differing and dogmatic opinions on the old DCMag site - but at least there were opinions and arguments and banter [for those with a sense of humour that is]. Strangely sterile now apart from the odd spat in the only thriving part, the competition thread.

spinner

At least you warned them in the title. But you're right if they're going to trash you they should have the stones to identify themselves.
Ol' blue eyes

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.