• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 81
  • Total: 81
  • Google (2)
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

They come in threes

Started by skellum, December 09, 2010, 08:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

1. A few weeks ago my wife had her car written off in a accident ( Not her fault I have to add ) but lots of drama and worry.
2. On Monday my Father in law died suddenly.
3. Got a phone call from my wife around noon to tell me a pipe had burst at home in the attic which had flooded 2 thirds of the house
    and brought a ceiling down as well. All carpets ruined as well as what was in the waters path. The stop cock was seized so I had to get a mate in to replace it after the drama of
    turning the water off in the street.
    I have just managed to get the electricity back on but sockets only. I will have to checkout the lighting circuits tommorrow.

A bit pissed off now  >:( :( :'(

CML-1591

my mate has had a pretty rough time since June.

Hope it picks up for you and good luck!!
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

hevans

Blimey Dave, when they mean these things come in threes, it's usually not THAT serious.

Of the three, #2 is probably the most stressful, 1 and 2 are just metal, plaster and bricks and should be sorted by insurance. Dealing with the insurance, though, can be either smooth, or a right royal pain in the arse.

Sympathies with the loss, best of luck with the insurance, and keep the old chin up!

Hugh

Oldboy

Sorry about your problems Dave.

picsfor

Nothing good about this thread except the well wishes.

Hope you get 3 great things happen now to off set the down side of this week...

irv_b

Sorry to here of your bad turn of events Dave hope you get some good fortune to cover it!
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Darren1978

Sorry to hear of your recent troubles Dave, especially number 2...terrible news.

I know what your going through....

I had a bad run with cars a few weeks ago, and it all happened within 2 days...first the clutch needed replacing on my finace's car (£300), then my alternator needed replacing (£290) and then I found out I needed a track-rod end replacing as well (£200)....still waiting for the first of three good things to happen to make up for it!

A few years ago I had a really bad run of three.....in November my wife and I split up (was actually a blessing in disguise), in December my dad died of cancer :'( and then next June my nan died of cancer :'(

Hope things improve for you and your wife Dave  :tup:

Hinfrance

Sorry to hear your news Dave.

I hope you find your way through it all and that 2011 is free of such distress.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

Let's hope things get back to normal as quick as possible Dave. Commiserations on the irreplaceable loss however.

Graham

Jeez Dave What a time your having!
                                                   Sounds like your getting all your bad luck out of the way in one fell swoop.
                                                   Here's to a peaceful and prosperous 2011. Condolances to your wife, nothing quite prepares you for that.
                                                            All the best.   Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Jonathan

Blimey that's a rough time.

Mind you 2 puts the others in perspective.

Things have got to get better.
It's Guest's round

Sandy

Sorry to hear about your problems I hope thats the end and things improve now.
All the best

Sandy

Eileen

Sorry to hear your bad news Dave. Take care, Eileen

skellum

Things started to happen today. Three men arrived to remove the rest of the ceiling and all that was damaged from the burst. We now have four industrial humidifiers on the go in the Lounge, Garage, Kitchen & Upstairs bedroom.  Unfortunately nothing more can be done untill the place has dried out and we are given a " Dry Certificate "  in about a week :'(   Couple of pics below.

Graham

Hi Dave.
                We had cause to use a couple of those humidifiers at work afew weeks ago ( :-[ :doh: :uglystupid2:) and they work a treat, you'll be amazed at how much water they suck out of the atmosphere!
                Keep your chin up and make sure to make time to enjoy a bit of Christmas spirit! :tup: :beer:
                                  Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.