• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 55
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 83
  • Total: 83
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

TRIANGLE - CHAT - Weekly Comp 7-13 Nov 2011

Started by Hinfrance, November 06, 2011, 06:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

CHAT THREAD

This week's topic is TRIANGLE

One or more triangles, right angle, equilateral, isosceles, scalene, whatever you fancy, as the main feature/focus of your entry.

Please post your entries in this thread.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 7th November 2011 to 23:59 Sunday 13th November 2011 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 14th November 2011.
Poll will be up Tuesday 15th November 2011.
Winner to be announced Saturday 19th November 2011.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

Out of Nowhere

Well my first stop this morning  :2funny:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Goodness Andy, you're quick off the mark! I haven't even had the time yet to look up "isosceles and scalene" both words I probably know in Dutch, but not like this.

My first thoughts went straight to 'Bermuda Triangle' and Love Triangle,' both difficult to capture.

I'll have to give it some thought, but it's a nice challenge!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Don't forget triangular chocolate, triangular cheese, christmas trees (saw one on the UK news yesterday  ???), saw teeth, shelf supports. Ooh there are loads to choose from. :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Reinardina on November 07, 2011, 09:15:29 AM
Goodness Andy, you're quick off the mark! I haven't even had the time yet to look up "isosceles and scalene" both words I probably know in Dutch, but not like this.

My first thoughts went straight to 'Bermuda Triangle' and Love Triangle,' both difficult to capture.

I'll have to give it some thought, but it's a nice challenge!

Well having entered a meaningful product shot for Halloween, I thought I ought to be a bit more adventurous this week with another shot in the dark .  :2funny:

As Howard mentions, you will spot triangles almost anywhere.  :beer:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

mondmagu

The possibilities for this are endless.....now let me see........nope cant think of anything! :D :2funny: :'(
Des
www.flickr.com/photos/mondmagu

Reinardina

Haven't 'set' my eyes to spot triangles yet, but I'm sure, once I start, I won't be able to stop.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on November 07, 2011, 09:25:27 AM
Don't forget triangular chocolate, triangular cheese, christmas trees (saw one on the UK news yesterday  ???), saw teeth, shelf supports. Ooh there are loads to choose from. :tup:

You should NOT have mentioned chocolate!

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on November 07, 2011, 12:45:08 PM

You could buy yourself a Toblerone, photograph it and eat it afterwards. A win win situation.  :D

jinky

Just finished a toblerone last night before I saw this. Back home after 3 weeks away so will try and get a shot for this weeks comp as I am woefully out of touch with CC, flickr, facebook and mankind in general ;)

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on November 07, 2011, 06:27:48 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on November 07, 2011, 12:45:08 PM

You could buy yourself a Toblerone, photograph it and eat it afterwards. A win win situation.  :D

That's exactly the situation I want to avoid! The high of that win win situation only lasts a few minutes, and then regret and weight gain sets in, and it becomes a lose lose situation.

Sarasocke

What's the saying Reinardina ... "a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips"
I HATE that saying  >:(
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Reinardina

Quote from: Sarasocke on November 07, 2011, 09:54:40 PM
What's the saying Reinardina ... "a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips"
I HATE that saying  >:(

I hate it too Carol, especially as I cave in to temptation too often! (Husband has a sweet tooth and does not 'suffer' at all. When I have declined his 'kind' offer of something four or five times, I give in, as I feel sorry for him that I never share ... How stupid can you get?)

Hinfrance

Quote from: jinky on November 07, 2011, 06:58:54 PM
Just finished a toblerone last night before I saw this. Back home after 3 weeks away so will try and get a shot for this weeks comp as I am woefully out of touch with CC, flickr, facebook and mankind in general ;)

Welcome home Paul. This retirement lark is just like one long holiday to you, isn't it  :tup:

When I made the observation about triangular chocolate I thought of Toblerone, and you eating the props. Those were the days eh? Mind you, nostalgia's not what it used to be  :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on November 08, 2011, 10:24:34 AM
Quote from: jinky on November 07, 2011, 06:58:54 PM

Welcome home Paul. This retirement lark is just like one long holiday to you, isn't it  :tup:

When I made the observation about triangular chocolate I thought of Toblerone, and you eating the props. Those were the days eh? Mind you, nostalgia's not what it used to be  :)

I remember the days Jinky ate the props, even though I did not have the confidence to enter the competitions in those days. I only started to participate a couple of months before the bomb burst, and the comp was left to its own devices with mainly inexperienced people.

When my husband took early retirement, we too lived it up with a series of longer and shorter holidays. Great times! We had not been married all that long, and, after a month in Barbados, I came home pregnant. (I am quite a bit younger than my husband.) So there we were: young aged pensioners expecting their first child! Daughter had a very booze soaked first few weeks, before I found out, and became teetotal. She does not seem to have suffered though. Rumpunch is possibly quite healthy with all that fruit.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.