• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 189
  • Total: 189
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Help!!!!!!!! I'm finding the site a little complicated. Creating my gallery?

Started by bevhadland, January 07, 2010, 02:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bevhadland

Hi, i'm afraid I am lacking computer savvy especially this site. Could anybody kindly guide me as to the procedure to actually create my gallery from scratch?.
On other sites this is done automatically for you, so no learning curve required!. Believe me it was a triumph being able to download my images onto the sight!!!!
So this is a cry for help folks. regards XC90.

alan1572

hi and welcome, when you click on the gallery tab on the top left you will see a littlle house like icon, when you roll your cursor over it it gives you some options on the top left such as upload to gallery...or at least that's how i do it.
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

picsfor

But the important bit is, when you roll over the little house icon - amongst those options that pop up on the top left of the browser is an option called "My Gallery"

Click on that and you get some more options that appear in the top middle of the browser window of which one is "create/ organise my gallerys" - and that's the one to use to get started.

You first gallery will be created as a default but you can rename it or create additional galleries if you want.

Don't worry, we've all struggled some where with the gallery in some way or other - longest side being no more than 2000 pixels and files size being no more than 1mb etc.
Yes, i don't mind admitting i've got myself in a muddle a few times, but like anything else - once you''ve used it a few times it becomes as easy as pie!

bevhadland

Mick

Quote from: picsfor on January 07, 2010, 03:44:23 PM

But the important bit is, when you roll over the little house icon - amongst those options that pop up on the top left of the browser is an option called "My Gallery"

I've added a link to your gallery in your signature.  Also should be able to get there directly using the new "My Gallery" link on the home page.  ;) (bottom of latest pics block)  Once there click "create / order my albums"  

On the box that comes up, click new and type a name for your album, save. (repeat those steps to create more albums)  

To upload a pic click "Upload file" from the gallery menu. when you've uploaded a pic it'll move to another box asking what album you want to upload to, and select a album from the dropdown menu.  Your album/s will be the one with the * next to them, the other albums you see will be the public albums and weekly comp album etc.

After you have started you'll find things much easier, and will just have to click "Upload file"  and tell it where you want it to go.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

alan1572

Quote from: admin on January 07, 2010, 06:15:51 PM
Quote from: picsfor on January 07, 2010, 03:44:23 PM

I've added a link to your gallery in your signature.  Also should be able to get there directly using the new "My Gallery" link on the home page.  ;) (bottom of latest pics block)  Once there click "create / order my albums"  

On the box that comes up, click new and type a name for your album, save. (repeat those steps to create more albums)  

To upload a pic click "Upload file" from the gallery menu. when you've uploaded a pic it'll move to another box asking what album you want to upload to, and select a album from the dropdown menu.  Your album/s will be the one with the * next to them, the other albums you see will be the public albums and weekly comp album etc.

After you have started you'll find things much easier, and will just have to click "Upload file"  and tell it where you want it to go.

yeah...
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

bevhadland

Sorry but its just not happening for me, just a black box? I type in new Landscapes. proceed to the bottom to type the file and it only lets you type the first letter! you better hurry up   Ive just loaded the gun..LOL.

picsfor

OK, let's start at the beginning.
Do you get to selecting and uploading a file?

bevhadland

Many thanks I think I have managed to create "My Gallery" :D at long last, now to unravel the rest of the site. PS un cocked the gun  lol........Regards ........Bev

Mick

Quote from: bevhadland on January 11, 2010, 10:24:16 PM
Many thanks I think I have managed to create "My Gallery" :D at long last, now to unravel the rest of the site. PS un cocked the gun  lol........Regards ........Bev

Cool.  8)  The default theme for the gallery is a bit of a nightmare to navigate at first.  You might find it easier to use a different theme such as the classic one, until you get the hang of things.  (if you don't mind red) there's a little dropdown box on the gallery page with the different themes.  There's also different coloured themes for the main site, these can be changed from your profile / look and layout preferences.

Now you got the first album sorted you can add more albums as you wish.  :tup:

My Gallery

OpenSea

bevhadland

It seems that in creating "My Gallery" it has also doubled up my uploads meaning I have doubled everything for which I must apologies to you all having to view  my c**p twice over, no doubt as time goes bye this will only happen on Fridays when back from the pub. LOL.,Regards....Bev

picsfor

As said earlier Bev - once you get the hang of it, you will not give it a second thought.
I, like many others, also post to Flickr - and some year or so after joining up, i'm still struggling with it.

To me, this all seems so much simpler. No Gold Awards, Diamond Awards, would you like to join our group, i'm an admin can i add your picture to my/our group.
Can i add you as a contact etc etc. It's a mine field. But then i suppose on the up side i've had the pleasure of looking through the galleries of Yoko Ono and some guy called Barrack Obama - and yes his profile really does say Occupation: President of the United States  :tup:

Then some on asked me about my stats! So my immediate thought was i'm a fat knacker - can't give out this stats, it would be embarrassing  :-\
Apparently i've now discovered you can find out how many people look at our pictures, who likes them, when they look at them and when they liked them and all sorts of stuff.

I've already pulled my gallery down once and started again, apparently losing several comments along the way. But i understand it now.

And you will once you get the hang of this sites gallery feature. So much simpler. Upload it, choose a gallery to put it in and sit back. Stats? How many have looked at the picture, how many have left comments and did it make IOTW or did you enter it into a comp... And for the record, i'm still a fat knacker!  :o

bevhadland

Cheers Andy for the invite, but i have a gallery in it already, gallery name 'XC90' but get little time to post in it......Bev

Mick

Quote from: bevhadland on January 12, 2010, 12:09:07 PM
It seems that in creating "My Gallery" it has also doubled up my uploads meaning I have doubled everything for which I must apologies to you all having to view  my c**p twice over, no doubt as time goes bye this will only happen on Fridays when back from the pub. LOL.,Regards....Bev

Another thing you might not be aware of, is you can move the images already in the the public albums to your own albums.  The comments will also move over with them.   This would save you uploading again.  Here's a little test tutorial I was playing with,

http://cameracraniums.com/forum/tp-images/sitetuts/moveimage/move%20image%20tut2.swf

My Gallery

OpenSea

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.