• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 117
  • Total: 117
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Chat Thread: HEART -Weekly comp Mon 3rd September - Sun 9th September 2012

Started by jinky, September 03, 2012, 10:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

ENTRIES THREAD:

This week create and or record anything that may suggest Heart , a picture of love (within limits), endurance, empathy, something heart shaped ... the choice is yours.

No PP restrictions.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 3rd September 2012 to 23:59 Sunday 9th September 2012 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 10th September 2012.
Poll will be up Tuesday 11th September  2012.
Winner to be announced Saturday 15th September 2012.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

SimonW

I took this snap of towels in our cabin on a recent four night cruise. I think it fits the competition idea - shame the cruise wasn't this week.

Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

jinky

Reinardina

I did not want to be the first to enter again, but I will be away all day tomorrow, and Sunday I would probably not think of it. So here goes.
Salisbury Cathedral as 'Heart of the Community.'

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

DigiDiva

Couldn't resist the fun of this one.......cos We All Love A Nice Cuppa....

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Hinfrance

Dang! I was ready to go and look for a suitable cup to have a go at the handle shadow . Back to the drawing board then . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on September 08, 2012, 09:00:11 PM
Dang! I was ready to go and look for a suitable cup to have a go at the handle shadow . Back to the drawing board then . .

A ring in the fold of the book is another popular one ;) Does it matter having different interpretations of a similar idea ? I think it could be interesting to see similar items from individual perspectives.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

DigiDiva

Quote from: Hinfrance on September 08, 2012, 09:00:11 PM

Aw sorry.....glad I got it in early!

Hinfrance

Indeed it would Andy, but I have a plan B and possibly C bubbling away in what passes for my brain.

How's the arm?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

DigiDiva

Aw I didn't realise the cup handle shadow wasn't an original idea....I must say I haven't seen it anywhere. That might put the voters off...darn it.

Beaux Reflets

Kind of you to ask H. The shoulder/arm is still playing up. As soon as I raise the camera in certain angles and ways, I am getting pins and needles and numbness; although the physio is improving things and I have another session this week. I think it is part and parcel of the Parkie's following on from the muscles cramping up on their own account  :(

I think true originality in ideas is very hard for any photographer to achieve, as we are recording objects and scenes usually created by others, and quite often influenced by TV adds and other imagery without realising it. It is a nicely done shot Chris.

DigiDiva

Thanks andy. Im getting a much better understanding of light and lighting effects and learni.g how subtle changes can make all the difference.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: DigiDiva on September 09, 2012, 10:49:50 AM
Thanks andy. Im getting a much better understanding of light and lighting effects and learni.g how subtle changes can make all the difference.

That is where the fun starts and creativity kicks in  :tup:

SimonW

Some years ago I got an electric fretsaw for Christmas and the first thing I did with it was make a very simple jigsaw for a young grandchild. I took a photo of it just in case I ran out of time, but now I intend to post a different one.

Wooden Heart
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

jinky

My theme and I had no plans at all! Thought I wouldn`t have time after spending the day visiting mum in hospital in Newcastle yesterday and then shooting a British National Triathlon comp today for the events company I shoot for occasionally. Luckily got home and found some had been left on my card. Shhh - don`t tell anyone I have used it here but I am in with Hearty Exercise.

It`s quite funny cos the guy I was shooting for is fairly new to photography. Wanted me initially to do panning shots all the time - up close in a crowd of watching parents. Told him the whole panning thing could be hit and miss and what we needed was more static guaranteed sellers parents would want - sharp and clear. He agreed but once the idea was in my head I couldn`t resist trying the odd panning shot later. Luckily the card with remnants left on included one of my better efforts. Must try some more panning some time - rusty!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.