• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 124
  • Total: 124
  • Google
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

LOUD-CHAT-Weekly comp 21-28 June 2020

Started by Hinfrance, June 20, 2020, 03:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

LOUD:

LOUD in any sense of the word - a picture representing loud noise, loud clothes, loud machinery . . . anything you can think of.

This is the CHAT thread.

The ENTRIES thread is HERE

Interpret and edit how you wish, no holds barred on the PP.

Pictures to be taken preferably between now and Sunday 28th June 2020, or if you do not have time something from your archives that fits the brief.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59 Monday 29th June 2020.
Poll will be up Tuesday 30th June 2020.

Winner to be announced Saturday 4th July 2020.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to;

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

I should be able to either find something from my archives or get something over the weekend - but I am currently working away from home and not sure if I'll manage it!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

Hmmm - no real brainwaves for this one  :-\

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on June 26, 2020, 06:39:12 AM
Hmmm - no real brainwaves for this one  :-\

Sounds like someone needs a holiday!  :uglystupid2: :legit:

jinky

An old one with a quick edit from me this week as no time / inspiration
Loud Jazz - possibly the absolute worst combination!

anglefire

An old one from me too - this one very old - December (Works Christmas do) 2007 - using my 5D (Since sold to a friend of mine) at "high" ISO of 3200! Wouldn't call that high these days, but back then the 5D was the king of low noise high ISO cameras - and wasn't improved upon for too many years when Nikon took over that battle - now its probably even stevens and I doubt anyone would switch brands for that reason.
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

I was a bit stuck too. Not helped by having the basement flood after this week's torrential downpours. This despite having a 9500 litres per hour pump assisting the drainage. When it rains hard here it really rains hard. Still wasn't as bad as previous floods. Two days cleaning up so far.

Anyway, parked most of my bass heads on top of one of my combos and put a gradient map behind them in place of the junk visible behind them in reality.

On the off chance anyone is interested they are top to bottom:
Ampeg PF500 (500w RMS)
Behringer BXD3000H (300w RMS)
Laney R500H (500w RMS)
Trace Elliot GP7SM 200 (400w RMS)
Harley Benton HB-300B (300w RMS)

I do only use one at a time  ;)

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Went to Brum yesterday to get a picture of the Cube for the competition. Not many people around so, after taking some shots walked back into the city to go home. As it was very windy put the camera away and the saw a young woman wearing shout out load clothing.  :'(

anglefire

That's about typical - thinking about it, we are having the patio replaced at home and there was a stihl saw sat on the lawn.......... :uglystupid2:
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.