• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 26
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 26
  • Total: 26
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Hard Drive Data

Started by Alfonso_Frisk, August 23, 2014, 04:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfonso_Frisk

Afternoon peeps.
My vista machine has died. Im sure the PSU has jacked in but to be honest Ive hated this pc the 4 or 5 yrs ive had it.
Cosmetically it is knackered as well so Im not going down the route of a new PSU and will most likely replace the machine altogether.
However, there is lots of info still on the hard drive which I would like to keep and copy over to an old drive or lap top then I will format it and use as picture storage
I am struggling to find a caddy/case to fit this drive into.
It is a Western Digital 320gb sata 8mb cache measuring 4x6 inches (Im guessing that equates to a 3.5 inch drive ?).
Unless Im having a blonde day :-\ I just cant find something suitable on the auction sites etc so any help here appreciated
TIA
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Reinardina

Sorry, I can't help, but I must protest about your use of the term blonde! I've had blonde days all my life, and am none the worse for it!
(Only joking! I am totally non PC, and don't even object to terms like 'double Dutch,' 'Dutch courage' etc.)

Hope you find your caddy soon.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Odd that you can't find a suitable caddy. Have you got a local shop like Maplins you can take it into? Otherwise, will your replacement machine have a spare drive bay and motherboard slot so that you can transfer the data?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Mick

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on August 23, 2014, 04:02:35 PM
It is a Western Digital 320gb sata 8mb cache measuring 4x6 inches (Im guessing that equates to a 3.5 inch drive ?).

Correct, a 3.5" drive is 4" wide.   ;)  I'm guessing it's the actual discs inside that are 3.5.  Anyway you should be able to find loads of them all over the place, new for around 15 to twenty quid,  for example http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/search-keywords/xx_xx_xx_xx_xx/hard+drive+enclosure/2_20/relevance-desc/xx-criteria.html

I have a cheapie one which has saved my bacon on more than one occasion.  8)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on August 23, 2014, 07:26:26 PM
Odd that you can't find a suitable caddy. Have you got a local shop like Maplins you can take it into? Otherwise, will your replacement machine have a spare drive bay and motherboard slot so that you can transfer the data?

Maplins have a selection of caddies like this: http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/35-inch-ide-usb-20-enclosure-zt90x I can recommend them as I brought one my self when I upgraded my harddrive from 750gb to 1.5tb.  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.