• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 242
  • Total: 242
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Chat thread for weekly comp - HEADLESS PORTRAIT

Started by Delamanda, May 13, 2012, 06:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delamanda

I find some of the most intriguing images are "portraits" that don't have heads in them as the body language can speak volumes.  Therefore this week's comp is a headless portrait - posed or candid.  Post processing permitted.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 14th May 2012 to 23:59 Sunday 20th May 2012 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 21st May 2012.
Poll will be up Tuesday 22nd May 2012.
Winner to be announced Saturday 26th May 2012.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...
By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Reinardina

Original idea! In the almost forgotten past, I used to do many such portraits, I'll have to go back there, and do it on purpose now!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

After the colourful headless tourist I couldn't enter, because I shot him a day too early, here my actual entry.
In black and white (again), as it was almost a black and white photo anyway.

DigiDiva

Might give this a wee go....my first time entering here. be interesting and a fun idea.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

I think I`ll find this one like tilting my camera - just against my nature but might give it a go. My mum used to always chop the heads off but then that was unplanned  ;)

Amother IE 9 issue for me these last 2 days - every time I type a response and press post I get a message saying IE cannot display the web page. If I hit back and do it three times it goes - you get anything like that Mick if reading?
Actually had to move over to firefox this time as it did ot work after 3 even. mmmm - seems ever since others questioned my use of IE it is going funny - is it a plot ? :D

Beaux Reflets

Certainly a challenging idea, hope I can find the time and inspiration.  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on May 17, 2012, 09:02:15 AM
I think I`ll find this one like tilting my camera - just against my nature but might give it a go. My mum used to always chop the heads off but then that was unplanned  ;)

Amother IE 9 issue for me these last 2 days - every time I type a response and press post I get a message saying IE cannot display the web page. If I hit back and do it three times it goes - you get anything like that Mick if reading?
Actually had to move over to firefox this time as it did ot work after 3 even. mmmm - seems ever since others questioned my use of IE it is going funny - is it a plot ? :D

I'm using IE9 without any problems whatsoever. (That's probably testing fate!)

I actually shot off quite a few heads for this comp, but found this one 'said' the most. Edge of seat, slightly nervous and turned in the direction the bus was supposed to come from.

Hinfrance

Eureka!

Well, maybe.

I have an idea. But like most of my ideas it might never take shape  ::)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 18, 2012, 07:21:51 AM
Eureka!

Well, maybe.

I have an idea. But like most of my ideas it might never take shape  ::)

An idea is a good way to start H.

Beaux Reflets

A quicky from me - difficult to find a title as the shot was not at bedtime.

The Star

michaelb104

Looks like we had the same idea Andy, this is my take on it and I had the buy the flowers to boot.........

Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Beaux Reflets

If it had not been peeing down all day, I may have taken a shot with someones head in the engine compartment of our old banger, clutching a sledge hammer   ;D  (or a big pot of grease if I had one  :2funny:) - And with the house upside down due to the building work going on I guess I chose the quickest soft option, as we do not take a daily paper  ;).

DigiDiva

Hubby was texting but after burning the candles a both ends yesterday, he was rather tired. He fell asleep mid text, his head dropped and well, I'm a photographer, would you have resisited???? Looks like he has a TV head!

This is my 1st entry on here so be gentle with me.

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

kerbside

Sorry But looks like I am a no show for this topic, just could not find the correct subject.

Nice to see you entering Chris, but be gentle with you, come on, you know a lot on here and what we are like.  ;)

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.