• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 82
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 62
  • Total: 62
bhphotovideo
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

52 year old Minolta.

Started by Graham, May 17, 2012, 06:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

I may have mentioned that I had put some film through this.

Here's the best of the bunch.

I'm quite pleased. All the knobs and buttons seem to be fairley accurate.
                    Graham.

Err. Sorry, they'er a bit on the huge side.  :-[
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Cathus

Looking good, did you develop/scan yourself or send them off, if so where to? I have a few 120rolls going thru their paces currently

Jonathan

It's Guest's round

Hinfrance

Proper job, as we used to say . . :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Great shots and contrast. Just need some sun for the next time.  :P

krennon

Great shots Graham, did you get them printed on proper photographic paper as well or just scan the negs?

Autocord Minoltas rival to the Rollei if me dear old dad told me correctly.....and he used to use Rolleis preferred them to Blads (sorry Jonathan I know your blad is your baby)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Reinardina

I'm getting all nostalgic now, for 'real' (film) photographs!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

irv_b

Great stuff there Graham the pigeons brought a little smile to my face :)
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Graham

Gary.   I sent the film to Ilford to dev/scan. Only took 3 working days there and back, and they'er returned with a postage paid envelope for the next film.

Jonathan.  HP5?  Oh yes. I remember having a go with Tri X but could'nt get on with it. That was when I did my own.

Irv.  If I can bring a smile to someones face, then my work here is done!

Oldboy.  Sunshine in over rated in my book.  :)

Thanks for the comments folks.
                                                                 Graham.

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

nickt

Graham, how much did it cost for the dev and scans. Are they jpegs or tiffs?
Nick

Graham

Alan. Thank you. :)
  Nick. For 120 film it was £15.00 for dev & scan (3000/3000px). For 35mm it's £9.95.
            http://www.ilfordlab.com/images/ORDER%20FORM%20FILM%20D+P.pdf

Graham.

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

SimonW

All wonderful shots whatever the camera - but somehow they suit the era of that camera too. Well chosen. The two pigeons made me laugh right away.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Jonathan

Quote from: Graham on May 17, 2012, 09:13:12 PM
    Jonathan.  HP5?  Oh yes. I remember having a go with Tri X but could'nt get on with it. That was when I did my own.

Sweet.  Never really liked Tri-X personally (though I don't remember ever actually using it - most likely prejudice due to seeing too many art school "street" shots....).

Apparently the cool kids are now using Acros.  Well, I just bought some and have a finished roll waiting to be devved. :)  I'll let you know.

Thinking of moving to doing my own scanning too.  If only I can control the dust.

And I reckon my next camera is definitely a TLR.  I can only look on in awe at the idea of shooting anything moving with my GX680....
Hmm, maybe we should have a film forum...?
It's Guest's round

nickt

Thanks for that Graham, I'll have a look. I've also just bought some Acros. I'll give it a try over the week-end if I get a chance.
Nick

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.