• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 80
  • Total: 80
  • Google
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

Weekend Comp. Chat Thread

Started by skellum, January 30, 2009, 07:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terri

thanks to whoever voted for me. i think that brief view of a non raining sky might be the only one i'll see for a little while. we are into our second month now of monsoonal rain. not helped by the remnants of a cyclone that crossed the coast about two hours north of us, so i may have to swim to work today.

i voted for tringle. maybe it's those fab boots, maybe it was the movement... no, i think it might have been the boots.  ::) might have to try and find some like that for myself :D

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on February 02, 2009, 08:52:26 PM
A difficult choice but I went for one of OldBoy`s favourite buildings I think. I just love the shapes and textures and like the angle. Nicer sky would have been good but all been a bit grey and heavy lately. Could have been one or two others too and so glad you could host us on here and not miss a week.
First week in a while that I have not shot anything specifically for the comp but fortunately one of my zoo images fitted quite nicely with a bit of work.
Thanks Jinky, the cheque is in the post!  :P
I went down Sunday to photograph the Chinese New Year do, and the sun was shining then, but it clouded over and started to snow before I got to Selfridges. Should have gone there first!  :'(

stevebedder

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on February 02, 2009, 05:19:25 PM
One thing though, don't forget we are here when you go back to DCM towers. A warm welcome always awaits.
RR
Alf

I'll be sticking around Alf.

Thanks whoever voted for me  :tup:

My vote this week went to skellum, it's a great shot IMO well done.

Steve

wendoureecat

I'll expect a nice bottle of tropical fruit juice in the mail then Terri   ;) although prefer a bottle of cab sav lol. I liked that one as soon as you posted it.

Terri

thanks Kat... funny you should mention wine. a friend has come back from Canada and informed us all that we MUST try this wine. she was quite distressed that she might not be able to get it in the Ville, but thank god for the internetz is all I can say.
http://www.thelittlepenguin.com/
and you'd best save this one up for that friday arvo time wasting we love so much  :tup: http://www.thelittlepenguin.com/penguinzone/winepersonalitytest  lets see if it IS cab sav you love ;D

oops, afterthought and edited to say..... http://www.goldendrop.com.au/products.html

irv_b

Hi everyone great set of entries this week once again I struggled between oggalily and jinkys but plumped for oggalily in the end just loved the look of intent on the baby's face (Hope you gave her the dolly back pretty soon :) )

Wattsy I preferred your pic of the flags especially in the larger size!

Thanks to whoever it was that gave me a vote :D
fwiw I think it would be good to keep something alive on this board whether in monthly comp format
Irv

My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

oggalily

Thanks for the votes, folks, and fear not - she was swiftly reunited with the dolly (which she had thrown herself, silly thing). 

I've just noticed that the voting ends at 3:30 tomorrow - Tringle, is it possible to change it to midnight?  Not a big deal if not.

Hinfrance

Quote from: oggalily on February 03, 2009, 04:48:32 PM
Thanks for the votes, folks, and fear not - she was swiftly reunited with the dolly (which she had thrown herself, silly thing). 

I've just noticed that the voting ends at 3:30 tomorrow - Tringle, is it possible to change it to midnight?  Not a big deal if not.

Hi Ogga, can't change the poll end date - I clicked the 'end after 2 days' button which it takes literally, so we're stuck with tomorrow afternoon, Im afraid. Typical of me, always pressing buttons just to see what will happen.

OK, there has been talk amongst the refugees from DCM about setting up a weekly or monthly competition over here, just to keep our eye in, as it were.

What thoughts people?

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Mick

Quote from: Tringle WP on February 03, 2009, 06:55:43 PM

OK, there has been talk amongst the refugees from DCM about setting up a weekly or monthly competition over here, just to keep our eye in, as it were.

What thoughts people?

Sounds good to me  :tup:   Why not start a new thead in the forums so you guys can throw a few ideas about.   If there's any new sections required in the forums then shout.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

wendoureecat

Quote from: Terri on February 03, 2009, 12:27:18 PM
thanks Kat... funny you should mention wine. a friend has come back from Canada and informed us all that we MUST try this wine. she was quite distressed that she might not be able to get it in the Ville, but thank god for the internetz is all I can say.
http://www.thelittlepenguin.com/
and you'd best save this one up for that friday arvo time wasting we love so much  :tup: http://www.thelittlepenguin.com/penguinzone/winepersonalitytest  lets see if it IS cab sav you love ;D

oops, afterthought and edited to say..... http://www.goldendrop.com.au/products.html

ok you were right lol

Congratulations! You are a Pinot Noir!

Smooth and elegant, James Bond and La Femme Nakita could take lessons from you. However, that quick wit of yours masks a sensitive nature that empathizes with other's needs and always offers a helping hand. And just like the Little Penguin Pinot Noir, that only makes you that much more enjoyable to have around.

But I do like being La Femme Nakita if I could partner James Bond  ;)

Looks like a wine tasting trip up to Qld - Mango and Wine/Port what a perfect combination

hevans

Ok, so what are we going to do about continuing a competition here.
Questions to answer:

• will it be:

• weekly (mon-fri)
    • weekendly(sat/sun)
    • fortnightly
    • or monthly?
  • will it follow the general principles of the DCM (previous winner selects new topic, etc.?)
  • anything else?

Thoughts?

H.

oRGie

I voted for weekly in the other thread on the general forum. Same principle as dcm comp makes ense, its simple enough  :tup:

guy1970

Quote from: oRGie on February 04, 2009, 04:30:28 PM
I voted for weekly in the other thread on the general forum. Same principle as dcm comp makes ense, its simple enough  :tup:

Yep agree weekly and same priciple :beer:
Guy

skellum

Hinfrance

Well, no that anyone has mentioned it so far, but the voting has closed on the 'temporary' competition and Skellum is a very convincing winner - so well done Dave.   :tup:

So that's the end of this one - we'll see how the poll goes for the new challenge that we're going to start here.

Mick, I don't know if you'll pick this up, but is it possible to move the poll I set up about this in the 'General' heading into the 'Competition' section?

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.