• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 26
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 19
  • Total: 19
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

I am now included on the Lancashire County Council Corporate Photographers List. I have worked for them before in my former life as a Electrician and it can take a while to get paid but never mind its one way of getting my Poll Tax back of them   ;)

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Dave on July 13, 2012, 11:25:33 AM
I am now included on the Lancashire County Council Corporate Photographers List. I have worked for them before in my former life as a Electrician and it can take a while to get paid but never mind its one way of getting my Poll Tax back of them   ;)

Congratulations

Up the price by 15% Dave, then offer them 15% Discount if the invoice is settled within your specified time (14 days/30 days)  ;) or 20% discount if the money is directly transfered and cleared in your bank within 48 hrs of when you deliver your bill by hand and pick up your next assignment  :tup:
:legit:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

jinky

Quote from: beauxreflets on July 13, 2012, 02:14:09 PM

Congratulations

Up the price by 15% Dave, then offer them 15% Discount if the invoice is settled within your specified time (14 days/30 days)  ;) or 20% discount if the money is directly transfered and cleared in your bank within 48 hrs of when you deliver your bill by hand and pick up your next assignment  :tup:

Good in theory Andy but when  the big companies / councils have their own way of doing thin gs - driving down prices and sitting on invoices. One construction firm I`ve done some work for regularly take 4-6 weeks to pay o a stated max 30 day settlement standard. They find all sorts of excuses  to say they have not breached it - delayed in post even when delivered by hand / electronically etc. That said they pay my top rate and if I could get more work in from them I`d have it. On their books as supplier in Leeds but nothing from them since November as they say there is a recession on  :(

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: jinky on July 13, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Congratulations

Up the price by 15% Dave, then offer them 15% Discount if the invoice is settled within your specified time (14 days/30 days)  ;) or 20% discount if the money is directly transferred and cleared in your bank within 48 hrs of when you deliver your bill by hand and pick up your next assignment  :tup:

Good in theory Andy but when  the big companies / councils have their own way of doing thin gs - driving down prices and sitting on invoices. One construction firm I`ve done some work for regularly take 4-6 weeks to pay o a stated max 30 day settlement standard. They find all sorts of excuses  to say they have not breached it - delayed in post even when delivered by hand / electronically etc. That said they pay my top rate and if I could get more work in from them I`d have it. On their books as supplier in Leeds but nothing from them since November as they say there is a recession on  :(

With a "recession on" every penny counts and the big companies are like anyone, in for a bargain. In the last recession I had a large plc., who took 90 days credit asking "How much will you reduce your bill if we pay within 7 days." They realised that the numbers worked out better that way regarding profit and business reliance on Banks!!  :D

Knowing cash is king, I introduced the above mentioned system and was amazed at the number of other large companies who bit the bullet and went for early settlement, which made it so much easier to manage cashflow with 7 staff to pay in my workshop, my bank was happy with reimbursement as well, having financed the earlier expansion.
  :dance:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

skellum

Quote from: jinky on July 13, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Congratulations

I used to maintain alarm systems and found the best way to be paid on time by big companies/councils was was to invoice them 3 months in advance. That idea was suggested to me by someone I knew who worked in accounts at a brewery. Worked quite well on a annual or 6 monthly invoicing period but it won't work on one off jobs received now and again such as photographic services. But once in the system I know it will be paid eventually, so being pushy about payment can work to your disadvantage as there is always someone else waiting to take on your work and they know it.

Anyway I will mention reasonably quick payment to them when I send a invoice and we will see what they come up with nowadays.

ABERS

Strange but intiguing

http://www.selfcontrolfreak.com/pakken.html

Place the curser above his head when he stops running, be a little patient :o

donoreo

Leaving work early.  However I started early too. 

Oldboy

Quote from: donoreo on July 18, 2012, 08:35:36 PM

Heard that before!  :-*

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on July 18, 2012, 09:12:30 PM

I left work early too, never been back, 2 yrs. now. Been Grand. ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

irv_b

I know I shouldn't have smiled at this one but I just wonder how long it took him to realise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5IYahsPK2k&feature=player_embedded
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Reinardina

Poor chap! (Luckily it can't happen to me with my present camera; when I switch it on, the lenscap automatically drops off.)
Nice to see you in the comp Irv!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on July 20, 2012, 04:25:06 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on July 18, 2012, 09:12:30 PM

I left work early too, never been back, 2 yrs. now. Been Grand. ;D

It's been five years for me.  ;D Shame the bloody weather has been rubbish for those five years!  >:(

Oldboy

Quote from: irv_b on July 23, 2012, 09:31:40 PM
I know I shouldn't have smiled at this one but I just wonder how long it took him to realise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5IYahsPK2k&feature=player_embedded

He keeps looking at the camera but can't understand why he can't see anything.  :uglystupid2:

Hinfrance

I think the logo on the camera strap tells you everything you need to know . . .   :dance: :legit:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

You'd think he would up the ISO a bit! :o

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.