• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 47
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 40
  • Total: 40
  • Google
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Photoshop help

Started by jinky, October 11, 2013, 08:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

I don`t know if it`s because I had another bad nights sleep or what but uploading some images to a company for some test shots panicked me today. Lookig at images from  a wedding as samples I went to resize them in photoshop to 9x6.

The first one when I opened image size said 72 pixels per inch at a massive size

The 2nd I opened  was this one stating what I`d more normally expect to see - 300pi and the normal size I`d expect.

I`ve been messing around with the scale/constrain and resample buttons and canot remember how I should usually leave them - ticked or unticked.

I know if I leave them all unticked and just change to pi to 300 it then shows normal sizes but remind me someone simply when would I tick / use the other boxes. I know I should know this and indeed may have known this but can someone just give me a few lines idiot style to confirm what I am thinking / playing at just now. I managed to turn some 5mb + images into 1 when I first uploaded pics for sample prints with a new supplier requesting a specific 9x6 size and dont know how I did it.
How the initial chages in pix per -inchis happened I cannot remember but seemed to be when doing editing work in a number of different programmes.

Oldboy

I usually leave them all ticked and to reduce size, I either reduce pixels to 80 per inch or, type a size in the Pixel dimension width box.  :tup:

Hinfrance

Can't help Paul - I use OnOne resizer module or even simpler Faststone resizer. Can't afford Photoshop, although I think there is something in Elements that does this.

Useless, aren't I?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Panic earlier when I thought I had somehow made the images all lower resolution. Turns out it is the B&W ones and sepia images that showed this re-sizing trend. I think I used either NX2 or Photoscape for those and some peculiarity of doing that seemed to save them as 72 dpi - even though I have checked both programme outputs and they seem OK.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.