• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 78
  • Total: 78
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Girl in a White Room

Started by Cathus, February 17, 2012, 12:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cathus

We still don't appear to have a section for portraiture?

The camera club had an outing to a local professional's studio in the town centre. We used one light with and without a lit white background.

This is the first shot I've processed of the two dozen I took.

Mick

Quote from: Cathus on February 17, 2012, 12:53:33 AM

We still don't appear to have a section for portraiture?

Garry.  Portraits now added.  Thanks for the heads up.  :tup:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Jonathan

Oh yeah - I kind of like that.

Light to camera right about 4 inches above eye line and fairly close with dish reflector?
It's Guest's round

Cathus

Thanks Jonathan,

I'm not sure what a dish reflector is, light was about 6 feet away, bare light with one of those silver bowl things on it, is that a dish reflector?

Graham

Credit due to the model. Fear, apprehension, what an expresion.
                   Graham. :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on February 17, 2012, 11:39:17 AM
   Credit due to the model. Fear, apprehension, what an expresion.
                   Graham. :tup:

She was afraid he wasn't going to pay her!  :-*

justinyoung

This photo is really great! I like chiaroscuro and emotions on her face. Good job!
Hello to everybody here!

Reinardina

It's so good to see the return of Cathus, Jonathan, Graham, and serious photography.
There have been far too many snapshots recently, mine included, I must admit.

Could this be the return to the old CC, which was about photography, rather than pictures?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Quote from: Reinardina on March 10, 2018, 09:25:12 AM
It's so good to see the return of Cathus, Jonathan, Graham, and serious photography.

Could this be the return to the old CC, which was about photography, rather than pictures?

Sorry to disappoint you R but this is just a new member picking up a 2012 photo and commenting

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on March 10, 2018, 10:42:35 AM
Quote from: Reinardina on March 10, 2018, 09:25:12 AM

Sorry to disappoint you R but this is just a new member picking up a 2012 photo and commenting

That is indeed disappointing! Did not spot that at all. But, the fact remains, we have a new member, who is interested in 'proper' photographs, that are planned and carefully executed.

jinky

I`m sure there are lots more recent planned and carefully executed shots on here R that are not necessarily using lights and studio settings. Just different shots.

Hinfrance

Carefully planned and executed is what I am sure your entry for Still Life will be Re :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on March 11, 2018, 10:15:04 AM
I`m sure there are lots more recent planned and carefully executed shots on here R that are not necessarily using lights and studio settings. Just different shots.
You are probably right Paul, but the variety we used to get seems to have gone.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 11, 2018, 01:51:33 PM
Carefully planned and executed is what I am sure your entry for Still Life will be Re :)

Sorry H, even in my enthusiastic photography days, I drew the line at a still life. I simply could not do it. My technical knowledge falls way short of the requirements.

I once did a very successful image of glass (it's on here somewhere, but I cannot find it), which was a still life of sorts, but that was only taken, because I wanted to shoot glass.

Found the picture after a fair bit of digging. This is it:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.