• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 26
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 47
  • Total: 47
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Dreamweaver trouble

Started by CML-1591, November 23, 2009, 04:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CML-1591

Anyone know how to create a DIV tag (i think) within a DIV tag and keep it on the same line but the other side of the page?

Thanks for the help!

Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

picsfor

and div align=right isn't doing it?

Mick

Quote from: picsfor on November 23, 2009, 05:22:13 PM

Andrew should that be <div align="right">

so code, <div align="right">
This is some text as an example.
</div>

Will give you   :pointr:
This is some text as an example.

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

picsfor

yes, that what was i was thinking - i was just being lazy about the code.

But reading through the request again i'm not really sure what you are after Craig.

What is it you are trying to achieve?
A table can be used just as easily to insert text and have it placed in columns or similar...

If you could supply some more information i'm more than sure you will get one or more solutions to your problem.

CML-1591

I have a web comp!

I have a width of 1000px (this too big?) and so i made the header thing 1000px, i figure if i made that width smaller i could then do a second header for the top nav and have it along side ?

I'm guessing I can't have the red and white writing on this?

Thanks folks!
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

CML-1591

Quote from: picsfor on November 23, 2009, 05:22:13 PM

This is the first time I have used dreamweaver since year 10 and its using xhtml and css which i haven't come across before. The woman just said insert a div within a div and it just goes underneath.

To have the things in different places I haven't a clue if to use padding, positioning or any of the other things that are similar lol!

Hybridphotog

Quote from: CML-1591 on November 23, 2009, 07:20:47 PM
This is the first time I have used dreamweaver since year 10 and its using xhtml and css which i haven't come across before. The woman just said insert a div within a div and it just goes underneath.
Doesn't Dreamweaver also have a WYSIWYG thing? If so, then just doing the old drag-n-drop should sort the problem out.

Mind you, 'wizziwig' does tend to defeat the object of learning website coding. Vim! :D
To have the things in different places I haven't a clue if to use padding, positioning or any of the other things that are similar lol!
Have a look at http://www.oswd.org/ for some ideas. :)

Mick

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Alfonso_Frisk

Is there an English version of this thread ??? :D
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

CML-1591

Quote from: admin on November 23, 2009, 08:06:59 PM
Craig, this site is quite handy too, http://www.w3schools.com/

I have that somewhere, hmm maybe it was on my delicious , thanks.

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on November 23, 2009, 08:19:48 PM
Is there an English version of this thread ??? :D

Tell me about it! FTP and some other stuff this week lol!

CML-1591

Quote from: Hybridphotog on November 23, 2009, 07:27:20 PM
Doesn't Dreamweaver also have a WYSIWYG thing? If so, then just doing the old drag-n-drop should sort the problem out.

Mind you, 'wizziwig' does tend to defeat the object of learning website coding. Vim! :D
Have a look at http://www.oswd.org/ for some ideas. :)

Thanks Dave,

Yeah we have to do the coding crud!

Alfonso_Frisk

http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

picsfor

on a coding side - using plain html i would ahve used a table to insert you menu options as displayed on the webpage pictured.
you've defined a page with a width of 1000 pixels which is more than acceptable nowadays.
So just insert a single line table with the columns defined to set widths and colour and then insert you links...

If memory serves CSS does it in a slightly more refined manner. Never really got into it big time though!

Graham

Like Mr Frisk I too would like to contribute to this thread....Unfortunatly I don't have a bloody clue what your all taking about! :-[
                            Graham. :)

As you were.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Colin

Quote from: picsfor on November 23, 2009, 08:39:49 PM
on a coding side - using plain html i would ahve used a table to insert you menu options as displayed on the webpage pictured.
you've defined a page with a width of 1000 pixels which is more than acceptable nowadays.
So just insert a single line table with the columns defined to set widths and colour and then insert you links...

If memory serves CSS does it in a slightly more refined manner. Never really got into it big time though!

The current standards are that tables are used for tabular data not positioning. All positioning should be done by css div's and the display and content should be separate css for display and html for content.

Back to the OP though you can do this with a float.

In this case you have one div for the header and then one each for the left and right content so the html code would be something like

<div class="header">
<div class="header_left">
left content here
</div>
<div class"header_right">
right content here
</div>
</div>

Then your css would be something like

.header {width:1000px; height:100px;}
.header_left {width:200px; float:left;}
.header_right {width:300px; float:right;}

This would give you a 500px clear space between the two divs.

Hope this helps.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.