• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 104
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 116
  • Total: 116
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Cheating or not?

Started by irv_b, December 19, 2009, 09:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

So, the judges only have 'to suspect' to disqualify not 'prove'.
So 'likely' is an extremely apt choice of words which in turn puts the onus on the photographer to prove their innocence.
The story deepens...

John Doyle2

Whatever. In my opinion, it is a stunning photograph! Give him the money.

Hinfrance

If you don't like 'likely' then never submit yourself to a civil court of law. The burden of proof is 'the balance of probabilities', or what is more likely in layman's terms.

The wolf experts say it is the 'model' wolf, the location is in the park; the balance of probability that this was staged is very high. That's against the rules, ergo disqualification.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jonathan

Quote from: John Doyle2 on January 20, 2010, 11:40:37 PM
Rule 8 is very clear! Read for yourselves here:- http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/whats-on/temporary-exhibitions/wpy-entry/Rules.jsp;jsessionid=E756590D504C4B9CB16BCC01BCB16543.

Well, it's pretty clear.  The suspicion bit only seems to apply to cruel or unethical practises.

Quote from: picsfor on January 20, 2010, 10:43:56 PM
Quote from: Jonathan on January 20, 2010, 04:34:59 PM
Ah no.  Mark's a mate of Douglas Adams.  His reputation is sacrosanct.
The late Douglas Adams - author of Hitchhikers Guide etc...?

Yep, that's the one.  And also according to legend the first ever owner of a Mac in Europe :)

They did this together - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Chance_to_See
It's Guest's round

spinner

I think I missed something here. It's a PhotoRadar sponsored competition? A bunch of other Spanish photogs ratted the guy out? PhotoRadar brought in an acclaimed wolf expert who judged the wolf to be a known tame one in a known wildlife park? Nobody brought the Police into this to investigate, nobody has laid Fraud charges, nobody has held a court hearing with witnesses?

It's a photo contest people, not the O.J. Simpson murder trial. But thank's to P.C. everyone minces words and dances around the story. I, personally, based on the information provided, and no information to the contrary, am satisfied the photo is a put up job. Sue me (you can't get blood from a stone). ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

greypoint

Nothing to do with photoradar this one,

Jonathan

Quote from: spinner on January 21, 2010, 11:48:55 AM
I think I missed something here. It's a PhotoRadar sponsored competition?

PR are just cosying up to it to make themselves look important.  It's run by the National History Museum and the BBC Wildlife Magazine.  It's about as prestigious as photo comps get in the UK.  Winning it is a very big deal.  Previous winners have included Angie Scott and Andy Rouse.  Getting disqualified for cheating is pretty huge too.

Plus, the organisers have money.
It's Guest's round

Oldboy

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.