UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL CH...What bemused you today?Full Colour PollPOLL-Summer Pastimes 18-2...CHAT - SUMMER PASTIMES 1...ENTRIES - SUMMER PASTIME...I should be getting a new...UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL ENT...What did you do with your...Drones??ENTRIES-FULL COLOUR-Weekl...Inspiring Image 13/5/2017POLL THREAD - Modes of Tr...CHAT-FULL COLOUR-Weekly c...Wedding photography- ligh...What annoyed you today?

Author Topic: Post your best shots here  (Read 22892 times)

Offline Jediboy

Re: Post your best shots here
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2014, 01:09:11 PM »
Thanks R. Appreciate that.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2014, 12:09:57 PM »
Thought that I would post these 2 pictures taken earlier this year in Balluta Bay Harbour - Malta.
I like them due to the light and colours and there is some HDR malarkey going on with these as well.
Open to comments.

Chris, must say I love your "a beautiful evening" shot, great colours and the composition has a good lead in line that draws you into the pic.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 12:46:09 PM by kerbside »

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2014, 01:31:49 PM »
I think that this is my first post in this thread.
Anyway, I took this a few weeks ago.

A beautiful evening.

I really like the depth within the shot, and the rays of light work well in leading the eye to explore the patterns of light upon the background. However (in my humble opinion), the darkness of tones in the foreground do not hold sufficient detail to retain visual interest, and perhaps carefully lifting that aspect may improve the overall balance of the composition.

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2014, 01:59:25 PM »
Thought that I would post these 2 pictures taken earlier this year in Balluta Bay Harbour - Malta.
I like them due to the light and colours and there is some HDR malarkey going on with these as well.
Open to comments.

Chris, must say I love your "a beautiful evening" shot, great colours and the composition has a good lead in line that draws you into the pic.

I quiet like the general colour balance in both shots Jeff (although viewed together the second shot gives a washed out feeling), however the buildings alignment, lens distortion? throws my eyes off a bit.

Is the Chromatic Aberration or the effect of it purposeful?

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2014, 02:10:43 PM »
Andy,

I did not think that there was much in either picture especially around the buildings where you would most likely find it.

Lens was a 10mm I think so maybe a bit of distortion but hey, I quite like them, know what you mean about the second shot though.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2014, 02:47:09 PM »
Andy,

I did not think that there was much in either picture especially around the buildings where you would most likely find it.

Lens was a 10mm I think so maybe a bit of distortion but hey, I quite like them, know what you mean about the second shot though.

Perhaps it is just an inherant effect Jeff. But when viewed larger on screen, I can see very distinct Red halo lining in both shots (feinter in the second shot) that I associate with Aberration.

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
« Reply #96 on: July 17, 2014, 03:36:43 PM »
Just enlarged the picture by 300% on my 28" screen and I CAN see some red halo around some of the buildings and yes you are correct but in normal viewing I can see nothing.

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2014, 10:12:52 AM »
Jeff, Andy, Thanks for your comments.
I can see what you're saying Andy, I'll try and have another 'play' with it soon and see how it looks.
Nice photos too Jeff. Love the blue water against the blue sky. Never been to Malta but it looks beautiful.

Chris

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2014, 10:36:46 AM »
This is just down the road from where I live, and as such I've taken w=quite a few photos of it - daytime, nightime, in the snow.............
This is a HDR (5 photos if I recall correctly) processed in Photomatix.

Chris

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2014, 10:51:33 AM »
I can see what you're saying Andy, I'll try and have another 'play' with it soon and see how it looks.
Nice photos too Jeff. Love the blue water against the blue sky. Never been to Malta but it looks beautiful.

Don't over do it Chris. If it were mine I would just isolate the grass foreground, lift the Exposure level a wee tad and adjust the Saturation to rebalance (on a seperate layer) making the most of the sun rays passing through as a starting point.

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2014, 10:54:45 AM »
This is just down the road from where I live, and as such I've taken w=quite a few photos of it - daytime, nightime, in the snow.............

That is very nice Chris. It has the feeling of an Etched Print to it. Nice one.

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2014, 11:11:46 AM »

Cheers Andy. :)

Chris

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2014, 11:15:39 AM »

Don't over do it Chris. If it were mine I would just isolate the grass foreground, lift the Exposure level a wee tad and adjust the Saturation to rebalance (on a seperate layer) making the most of the sun rays passing through as a starting point.

Thanks for the tips Andy. Photoshop isn't my forte but I'll give it a go.

Chris

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2014, 11:24:44 AM »
I found this one that I had processed slightly differently.

Chris

Offline hssutton

« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2014, 12:06:04 PM »

Fabulous shot Chris, you should be proud of this one. Not sure if it's me, but there appears to be a slight problem in the cloud formation top left, where the cloud appears to be in a straight line, very easily corrected, if indeed it is a problem caused by Photomatix.

Harry

Cheers Andy. :)

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL CHAT 24/06-02/07/2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 136/3 Oldboy Last post June 28, 2017, 10:13:18 PM
xx What bemused you today? General Discussion 295079/2538 jinky Last post June 28, 2017, 08:07:17 PM
xx Full Colour Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 320/6 Reinardina Last post June 27, 2017, 08:47:28 AM
xx POLL-Summer Pastimes 18-25th June 2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 73/0 jinky Last post June 27, 2017, 06:15:12 AM
xx CHAT - SUMMER PASTIMES 18-25th June 2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 221/4 Jediboy Last post June 26, 2017, 09:23:54 PM
xx ENTRIES - SUMMER PASTIMES 18-25TH jUNE 2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 187/4 Jediboy Last post June 26, 2017, 09:23:03 PM
xx I should be getting a new camera DSLR Cameras 59/0 StephenBatey Last post June 24, 2017, 11:32:03 PM
xx UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL ENTRIES 24/06-02/07/2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 51/0 jinky Last post June 24, 2017, 09:52:20 AM