UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL CH...What bemused you today?Full Colour PollPOLL-Summer Pastimes 18-2...CHAT - SUMMER PASTIMES 1...ENTRIES - SUMMER PASTIME...I should be getting a new...UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL ENT...What did you do with your...Drones??ENTRIES-FULL COLOUR-Weekl...Inspiring Image 13/5/2017POLL THREAD - Modes of Tr...CHAT-FULL COLOUR-Weekly c...Wedding photography- ligh...What annoyed you today?

Author Topic: What made you feel good today  (Read 394637 times)

Offline Oldboy

Re: What made you feel good today
« Reply #3525 on: November 05, 2015, 05:24:07 PM »
My new lens has arrived at Calumet in Birmingham.  :tup:

Offline spinner

« Reply #3526 on: November 19, 2015, 04:08:26 PM »
Woke up in warm, slightly humid, partly sunny Florida!!

The drive down was no great shakes though. As I was approaching Tampa drove into the middle of a Tropical Storm. The heaviest rain I can remember. Lost sight of the actual road in the seconds it took to turn wipers on.  :'(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3527 on: November 19, 2015, 05:25:37 PM »

The drive down was no great shakes though. As I was approaching Tampa drove into the middle of a Tropical Storm. The heaviest rain I can remember. Lost sight of the actual road in the seconds it took to turn wipers on.  :'(

You mean they have roads in Florida..........whatever next!  ::)

Offline spinner

« Reply #3528 on: November 19, 2015, 05:42:34 PM »

Oh, don't get me started about the 'detour' Google Maps took me on. Down through Redneck country. No overhead lighting, windy road. Stopped one place for gas and all I could think about was the movie Deliverance.  :legit:
Ol' blue eyes

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3529 on: November 19, 2015, 07:12:39 PM »

Oh, don't get me started about the 'detour' Google Maps took me on. Down through Redneck country. No overhead lighting, windy road. Stopped one place for gas and all I could think about was the movie Deliverance.  :legit:

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Offline spinner

« Reply #3530 on: November 21, 2015, 05:18:40 PM »
Amazing, got a call from Carnival Cruise Lost and Found. They found my cell phone. I guess I dropped it somewhere in my cabin. They FedEx'd it to me.  :D

Now I just need the tablet repair guy to get his business reopened.
Ol' blue eyes

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #3531 on: November 22, 2015, 03:48:23 AM »
Good to know there are still honest people around!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline David Blandford

• David Blandford Photography
« Reply #3532 on: December 24, 2015, 05:04:48 PM »
Finally got My Pentax K50 back today after being a month without it  :tup:  The list of work carried out includes replacing Mechanical assembly, repairs to shutter & Mirror Mechanism plus re calibration and cleaning. Luck it was done under warranty! ;D
still trying to paint with light!!

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3533 on: December 24, 2015, 06:23:55 PM »
Finally got My Pentax K50 back today after being a month without it  :tup:  The list of work carried out includes replacing Mechanical assembly, repairs to shutter & Mirror Mechanism plus re calibration and cleaning. Luck it was done under warranty! ;D

Got my D800 back on Tuesday after parting with £611.36p.  :yikes:

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #3534 on: December 24, 2015, 10:09:40 PM »

Got my D800 back on Tuesday after parting with £611.36p.  :yikes:

OUCH!!
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3535 on: January 17, 2016, 01:48:37 PM »
Yesterday actually.

The replacement for the smashed Metz arrived yesterday - a Sigma EF-610 Super. Not the same quality as the Metz for sure, but works well enough and the menu system is much easier to use than the German one.

So with nothing to lose I took the Metz apart, managed to lose a spring in the process (the one that puts the ball bearing controlling the head rotation under tension). I replaced that with a bit of a small cable tie bent in half to give some elasticity. I taped up the gap in the broken lens, dumped the wide angle lens and bounce card in the bin as the mountings for both of them were completely destroyed, and gave the wide angle switch a severe talking to with a precision screwdriver. I also applied a certain amount of physical persuasion to the zoom gears. Result is that it now sort of works. So it can be a spare/slave. I think its random power behaviour after the 'incident' may have been due to the motorised zoom being jammed.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Alfonso_Frisk

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007/
    • My Shipping images
« Reply #3536 on: January 21, 2016, 12:49:02 PM »
WMMFGT ?
One of my shots has been chosen to appear in next months " The Scots Magazine"
Only an eighth of a page inclusion but at least something.

TBH I had not heard of the mag before but I am told it does go worldwide and very popular with all the ex pats.  :)
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3537 on: January 21, 2016, 03:49:33 PM »
Congratulations - a good feeling for sure.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Simple

« Reply #3538 on: January 21, 2016, 04:30:52 PM »
WMMFGT ?

TBH I had not heard of the mag before but I am told it does go worldwide and very popular with all the ex pats.  :)

Congrats! It is always nice to see your work in print with your name added ofcourse!

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3539 on: January 21, 2016, 04:43:56 PM »
WMMFGT ?

Drinks are on Alf.... :beer: :beer: :beer:

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL CHAT 24/06-02/07/2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 136/3 Oldboy Last post June 28, 2017, 10:13:18 PM
xx What bemused you today? General Discussion 295075/2538 jinky Last post June 28, 2017, 08:07:17 PM
xx Full Colour Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 320/6 Reinardina Last post June 27, 2017, 08:47:28 AM
xx POLL-Summer Pastimes 18-25th June 2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 73/0 jinky Last post June 27, 2017, 06:15:12 AM
xx CHAT - SUMMER PASTIMES 18-25th June 2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 221/4 Jediboy Last post June 26, 2017, 09:23:54 PM
xx ENTRIES - SUMMER PASTIMES 18-25TH jUNE 2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 187/4 Jediboy Last post June 26, 2017, 09:23:03 PM
xx I should be getting a new camera DSLR Cameras 59/0 StephenBatey Last post June 24, 2017, 11:32:03 PM
xx UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL ENTRIES 24/06-02/07/2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 51/0 jinky Last post June 24, 2017, 09:52:20 AM