Poll for PUBLIC ARTBIRDS: Weekly comp CHAT 1...BIRDS: Weekly Comp ENTRY ...What made you feel good t...Still here !!Poll - Up Close and Perso...PUBLIC ART - ENTRIES 2-9/...PUBLIC ART CHAT - 2-9/07/...UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL ENT...POLL-Summer Pastimes 18-2...UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL CH...What bemused you today?Full Colour PollCHAT - SUMMER PASTIMES 1...ENTRIES - SUMMER PASTIME...I should be getting a new...

Author Topic: What made you feel good today  (Read 399786 times)

Offline SimonW

• Dunning Parish Historical Society
Re: What made you feel good today
« Reply #3495 on: June 02, 2015, 08:53:21 AM »
What does work though, is to take the battery out and put it in your nice warm trouser or shirt pocket for a short time, to warm it up. You'll useually get severl more shots while it's warm. (Though I must say I always buy a spare battery, and always carry it fully charged.)
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #3496 on: June 02, 2015, 12:54:18 PM »
It hadn't run out completely, I had one bar left, but it did hamper me, as I was waiting for just that shot, that I should not, under any circumstance, miss.
I switched the camera off after every shot and kept checking it was still off. Not very relaxing, and that shot never really materialised.
I have three spare batteries with my bridge camera, but somehow never got round to getting a spare for my present one.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Simple

« Reply #3497 on: June 02, 2015, 01:35:51 PM »
I do not know if this is correct, but I heard sometime ago that the camera is using more power when you switch it on/off between shots rather than leaving it switched on. The camera goes into sleep mode and that hardly uses any power. Switching it on and off will use  more power when reading the card and switching on the screen(s) every time.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 01:46:55 PM by Simple »

Offline spinner

« Reply #3498 on: June 02, 2015, 01:48:00 PM »
I do not know if this is correct, but I heard sometime ago that the camera is using more power when you switch it on/off between shots rather than leaving it switched on.

I remember that being the argument for not switching house lights on & off frequently.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Offline Graham

« Reply #3499 on: June 02, 2015, 02:35:20 PM »
I do not know if this is correct, but I heard sometime ago that the camera is using more power when you switch it on/off between shots rather than leaving it switched on.

I remember that being the argument for not switching house lights on & off frequently.
I think that particularly applied to florescent lighting due to the start up motor/mechanism/whatever.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline donoreo

• Global Moderator
  • I cannot deny anything I did not say
    • donsmithphoto2011
« Reply #3500 on: June 02, 2015, 02:36:18 PM »
I do not know if this is correct, but I heard sometime ago that the camera is using more power when you switch it on/off between shots rather than leaving it switched on. The camera goes into sleep mode and that hardly uses any power. Switching it on and off will use  more power when reading the card and switching on the screen(s) every time.
It depends what your camera does when you turn it on and off.  I have mine set to do a sensor clean.  Other cameras do all sorts of things.  So it may be.  In other cases it may save power.

Offline donoreo

• Global Moderator
  • I cannot deny anything I did not say
    • donsmithphoto2011
« Reply #3501 on: June 02, 2015, 02:37:51 PM »

I think that particularly applied to florescent lighting due to the start up motor/mechanism/whatever.
This is another "it depends".  I was just looking at a page (closed tab now) that said the power to start a florescent light used about 5 seconds of electricity to charge the ballast. 

Offline spinner

« Reply #3502 on: June 02, 2015, 03:11:14 PM »

This is another "it depends".  I was just looking at a page (closed tab now) that said the power to start a florescent light used about 5 seconds of electricity to charge the ballast.

What I remember was, it was from an Ann Landers advice column. Ann Landers was never wrong! :2funny:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
  • I really, really hate lawn mowers.
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #3503 on: June 02, 2015, 08:57:22 PM »
What made me feel good today

Well, I just renewed the hosting and domain for Camera Craniums.  :)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
  • I really, really hate lawn mowers.
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #3504 on: June 02, 2015, 09:09:40 PM »
eBay. I found a bass guitar I have been searching for for ages. Bought it. It's wonderful.

I've made a couple of cigar box guitars and have a hankering to make a "Cigar box" bass.

Really, I didn't know you were into building these things Graham.   8)  You know where to post the pics, http://guitaristguild.com
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R

Offline deetus

• illupho.co.uk
« Reply #3505 on: June 02, 2015, 09:12:09 PM »

Thanks a lot Mick  :tup:

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3506 on: June 02, 2015, 09:39:07 PM »

:fworks2: :fworks3: :welcome:   :tup: :beer:

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #3507 on: June 02, 2015, 10:08:37 PM »

:tup: Many thanks Mick  :)

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #3508 on: June 03, 2015, 07:52:00 AM »
Very pleased about that. Thanks.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline deetus

• illupho.co.uk
« Reply #3509 on: July 04, 2015, 08:52:55 AM »
Yesterday actually.

RETIRED... :beer: :beer: :) :)

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Poll for PUBLIC ART International Weekly Comp Entries 297/5 jinky Last post July 21, 2017, 09:37:45 AM
xx BIRDS: Weekly comp CHAT 15-23/07/17 International Weekly Comp Entries 335/9 Oldboy Last post July 21, 2017, 08:05:27 AM
xx BIRDS: Weekly Comp ENTRY Thread 15-23/07/17 International Weekly Comp Entries 176/4 anglefire Last post July 21, 2017, 07:03:02 AM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 399786/3724 David Blandford Last post July 20, 2017, 06:01:17 PM
xx Still here !! General Discussion 76/0 David Blandford Last post July 16, 2017, 12:13:33 PM
xx Poll - Up Close and Personal International Weekly Comp Entries 618/14 jinky Last post July 16, 2017, 10:29:10 AM
xx PUBLIC ART - ENTRIES 2-9/07/17 International Weekly Comp Entries 332/5 Oldboy Last post July 10, 2017, 06:52:30 PM
xx PUBLIC ART CHAT - 2-9/07/17 International Weekly Comp Entries 367/7 jinky Last post July 08, 2017, 05:24:10 PM