• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 113
  • Total: 113
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

It certainly does. Do keep us posted on your life with your new, OK let's face it, toy.  ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

Sitting up watching the Olympics and seeing our competitors appearing regularly  on the podium., especially those who would never have had the chance but for the lottery funding.  It shows that given the chance there are many kids who will grasp the opportunity and run with it.

But that's  the same in life isn't  It?

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on August 17, 2016, 09:31:52 AM
Sitting up watching the Olympics and seeing our competitors appearing regularly  on the podium., especially those who would never have had the chance but for the lottery funding.  It shows that given the chance there are many kids who will grasp the opportunity and run with it.

But that's  the same in life isn't  It?

All thanks to John Major; he deserves a medal too.

And yes, many kids would/could/should do well with the right opportunities, and the will to succeed. In sport, in music, in life.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

spinner

Quote from: Reinardina on August 17, 2016, 07:17:22 AM
Quote from: spinner on August 16, 2016, 11:30:06 PM
Quote from: ABERS on August 16, 2016, 03:18:52 PM
Visited the RHS Garden at Wisley today, it is the best I have ever seen it. If you are a flower/plant photographer (I'm  not), you would be in your element.

Some interesting garden furniture on the other hand. ;)

Wish I had the funds to fly over and take those shots. We've been in a drought situation since mid May according to our local Weather forecasters My garden's pretty much dead.  :'(

The nearby Botanical Grdn of which I am a member, has been focusing on their 'music' events and said very little about the blooms.

G F Haendel's Water Music?
d

This weekend they're featuring a Jazz Quartet made up of 4 members of the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra. I'm not into Jazz.  :P
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

spinner

Quote from: spinner on August 17, 2016, 03:45:01 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on August 17, 2016, 07:17:22 AM
Quote from: spinner on August 16, 2016, 11:30:06 PM
Quote from: ABERS on August 16, 2016, 03:18:52 PM
Visited the RHS Garden at Wisley today, it is the best I have ever seen it. If you are a flower/plant photographer (I'm  not), you would be in your element.

Some interesting garden furniture on the other hand. ;)

Wish I had the funds to fly over and take those shots. We've been in a drought situation since mid May according to our local Weather forecasters My garden's pretty much dead.  :'(

The nearby Botanical Grdn of which I am a member, has been focusing on their 'music' events and said very little about the blooms.

G F Haendel's Water Music?
d

This weekend they're featuring a Jazz Quartet made up of 4 members of the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra. I'm not into Jazz.  :P

Oh, just got another email, tomorrow night it's a Lady Blues singer.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Jediboy

My 8 year old has suddenly decided he has a passion for photography. He's had a lesson on some basics and seems to have taken it all on board.
He's now itching to do some nighttime photography!!
He's been knocking around with my D300 and he's loving it. Which has made me feel good.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Reinardina

Quote from: Jediboy on October 29, 2016, 05:20:31 PM
My 8 year old has suddenly decided he has a passion for photography. He's had a lesson on some basics and seems to have taken it all on board.
He's now itching to do some nighttime photography!!
He's been knocking around with my D300 and he's loving it. Which has made me feel good.

Welcome to our world (Jediboy's) son!

Wonderful to have a child, that shares a hobby with a parent.

Paul Montgomery

I wonder how common it is? It was my Dad's love of photography that got me interested...

Simple

My dad was a keen photographer. In my teens I always hated all the slide shows and endless talk about slides. In my twenties it was a different story.

Reinardina

When I grew up, most people I knew, had a camera. It was mainly used for holidays and special occasions, I did not know any 'real' photographers.

As a child I used my father's camera , it still makes a great picture!

Can't remember when I bought my first camera; I had quite a few, but still mainly for holidays.

It was only when I discovered digital photography, that I tried to do more, especially with the editing.

Hinfrance

My father wasn't even slightly interested in photography other than as a record keeping medium. Music, on the other hand - he was a multi-instrumentalist and chorister.

I still have my first film camera, and indeed my first digital one:

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

WMMFGT? Returning a shredder that stopped working (within the guarantee), and not only receiving en new one, but also a ten pound  credit on my card, as it had come down in price.

Hinfrance

This is easy.

A couple of weeks ago the steering pump on our Mondeo started to make a lot of noise. We took it to the Ford dealer who gave us a quote of €2350 to replace the pump, the steering rack and various sundry accompanying bits and bobs. So we took it to our local Norauto - sort of like a Halfords or Kwik Fit, where we usually take our cars. They were not so precipitate in their analysis of the problem. They had had the car for 10 days, which we thought was rather a long time.

We got it back today. They had done a really thorough investigation and decided that all the problem had been was dirt in the fluid. They had flushed the system twice and run the car a few times. Result, completely cured car and what's more because we are regular clients (we do get three cars serviced there) they did it for nothing. To say we are pleased is a bit of an understatement.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on November 15, 2016, 03:59:29 PM
This is easy.

A couple of weeks ago the steering pump on our Mondeo started to make a lot of noise. We took it to the Ford dealer who gave us a quote of €2350 to replace the pump, the steering rack and various sundry accompanying bits and bobs. So we took it to our local Norauto - sort of like a Halfords or Kwik Fit, where we usually take our cars. They were not so precipitate in their analysis of the problem. They had had the car for 10 days, which we thought was rather a long time.

We got it back today. They had done a really thorough investigation and decided that all the problem had been was dirt in the fluid. They had flushed the system twice and run the car a few times. Result, completely cured car and what's more because we are regular clients (we do get three cars serviced there) they did it for nothing. To say we are pleased is a bit of an understatement.

One presumes you won't be going there again!  :uglystupid2:

Reinardina

Was it a computer ,that diagnosed the original faults at the Ford garage?

And proper mechanics at the other place?

Didn't realise you were Mondeo Man (among others), but it's good to know, where to go in future.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.