• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 32
  • Total: 32
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Weekend Comp. Chat Thread

Started by skellum, January 30, 2009, 07:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

Have we got a theme for the competion yet or is it open to suggestions :legit:

Hinfrance

I was waiting to hear back from Hugh on this one, but the theme that was suggested is 'Low Angle' - so any shot taken at an upward angle greater than horizontal.

So let's go for it - LOW ANGLE it is.

Usual DCM Weekend comp rules apply - picture must be taken on 31st January or 1st February and posted (where do we post them to?) before midday UK time on 2nd February.

I don't it's worth bothering with any of the other bits.

Let's all say a very very big thank you to CC for providing us with a home while the wreckage is repaired back in Bath. :)

THANK YOU!  :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

hevans

Hi,

I've posted up the entry thread. I figure this one may as well be the chat thread.

Subject (from Tringle) is:

Low Angle: a shot looking up at something.

I've added an entries thread here.

wendoureecat

This is great - thanks guys was beginning to wonder what I was going to do this weekend  ;D. Its actually so hot here we have been melting in the over 40 degree heat. But Im in for the comp  :) :) :)

Oldboy

Looks like limbo dancers will have an advantage this week!  :hehe:

Hinfrance

The DCM site is back up now - I accidentally clicked on the bookmark, and there it was . .

We need to consider what to do - I think, for what it's worth, that we should stay here this weekend, just to make sure that they have really fixed it. . .

Other thoughts please.

Howard
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

hevans

I agree. Let's carry on here as planned. You never know...

It would be nice to complete the last weekend's competition and set up its poll to run until, say Monday (3 days for voting as per normal?).

H.

Hinfrance

I'm up for that Hugh.

There is already activity over on the DCM forum thread for last weekend's competition. I think that we ought to post a 'redirect' to here for this weekends for all those we couldn't get hold of earlier.

Or should we just give up on this weekend too before it all gets too horrifically complicated and the name calling starts? lol :legit:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

guy1970

Great to see we have a site for this weekends comp. Great topic.
Would be nice to complete the voting on last weeks, I sure I had loads of votes before the DCM site went down :2funny: ::)
Guy

Mick

Great to see DCM back up and running.  8)   

Spose if were not sure whether to hold it here or there, then we could do one here, and one there.  (different subjects of course).   That'll keep you all busy.  :D
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

hevans

Quote from: guy1970 on January 30, 2009, 08:57:56 PM
Great to see we have a site for this weekends comp. Great topic.
Would be nice to complete the voting on last weeks, I sure I had loads of votes before the DCM site went down :2funny: ::)

I've just recreated the poll for last weekend over there....for the 2nd time now >:(. So, if you want to get voting...

oggalily

Hi everyone - just signed up here after chasing everyone through flickr et al.

Glad to see the weekend comp is back by hook or crook - I was starting to get withdrawal symptoms...

skellum

Mick, I think now that you have set up the temp weekend comp for DCM it may be a good idea to keep it going after this week as ( Cranium weekend comp ) I am sure it will help keep the new members on this site as well as at  DCM and it may generate more interest than ( Cranium of the year )  Just a thought.  Off to the pub now :beer: :legit:

Mick

Quote from: skellum on January 30, 2009, 09:54:54 PM
Mick, I think now that you have set up the temp weekend comp for DCM it may be a good idea to keep it going after this week as ( Cranium weekend comp ) I am sure it will help keep the new members on this site as well as at  DCM and it may generate more interest than ( Cranium of the year )  Just a thought.  Off to the pub now :beer: :legit:

Dave, good idea, I'll do that.   ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

filter99

well i think i can stay over here for the comp and even full term lol, nice to see everyone  :)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.