• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 81
  • Total: 81
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

POLL for THE ORTON EFFECT

Started by oggalily, July 26, 2016, 01:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please vote for your favourite image

river

4 (36.4%)
Orton's Autumn

6 (54.5%)
Mustang 65

1 (9.1%)
Harvest Time

0 (0%)
Best buds

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: July 30, 2016, 01:30:28 PM

oggalily

Please vote for your favourite Orton effect image

ABERS

Sorry can't  register a vote, they're  all Fuzzy!

jinky

Spot on brief then Abers :).  Have you not got one you favour more than others?The Orton effect is not for me either but I think one of these at least works quite well within the parameters of the brief.

ABERS

Quote from: jinky on July 26, 2016, 05:59:29 PM
Spot on brief then Abers :).  Have you not got one you favour more than others?The Orton effect is not for me either but I think one of these at least works quite well within the parameters of the brief.

As far as I can see you can get the same effect by winding down the clarity slider in L/room.  Perhaps  there is a difference but it doesn't  leap out at me. :-\

DigiDiva

The effect isn't my cup of tea either but it's something new that I had never tried so that's great. The 'dragan' effect is my cup of tea. Specifically for portraiture of characteristic faces
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

oggalily

Well done DD!  It seems that the consensus was that the effect is a little cheesy although I think the group managed some interesting and varied shots.  In this case my point in setting the theme was for people to try something new and easy.

Interestingly I have an effect called "Wonka" from the onOne "Movie Looks" collection that reduces clarity and boosts saturation.  I use it often, though the effect is more subtle than a true Orton. 

Hinfrance

Well done DD. Ogga I will have to look up that 'wonka' effect; can't say that I recall seeing it in the On1 effects, but I'll try to hunt it down :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

DigiDiva

Thanks. Especially for those who voted for me. Will get next week's comp up at some time tomorrow.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

jinky

Yes nice one DD. I think your subject lended itself better to those like me that are not too keen on the Orton effect and got my vote

Reinardina

I liked the first two entries best, and settled for DD's autumn forest.

Congratulations Chris.

I didn't try it this time, but did some 'Ortons' some time ago, and found it enhanced some images, but did nothing for others.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

I Should point out my two images were hand-held.  :o

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.