• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 23
  • Total: 23
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

print profiles?

Started by spinner, June 19, 2014, 12:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

I've recently tried to print a photo of a pair of hands overlapped. The print came out horribly colour cast towards the bluish end of the scale. I didn't take this photo and was printing it as a favour to my daughter. I'm using Elements 12 , on an Epson 1400 in OS X Mavericks. I've also tried printing it from Lightroom 5.5 with the same issues. I am beginning to suspect the issue is with Mavericks since both Elements and Lightroom produced the same results. Epson has deferred to Apple for the print drivers. I seem to remember in Snow Leopard I could get 3rd party drivers that I think were Linux based. I'd initially thought the issue might be the camera profile but I have been able to print the photo on an HP Photosmart on Windows 7 that has produced the correct colours. Unfortunatley I can't seem to get it to print the correct size.

As a test I printed one of my own photos with flesh tones in it, with the same results, bluish cast etc. I'm going to switch the printers around and test again but If anyone out there has had similar issues and resolved them I'd appreciate any help I can get. My daughter's getting married on Sat. coming and I need the printer working correctly by next week.  :'(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

2Beers

It's possible that one of the colours on the printhead is blocked have you tried using the printhead clean function and also print a test pattern.

I had a similar problem with my canon printer which was the cyan that was blocked and everything came out with a magenta cast, I tried using the tools and did several deep cleans of the printhead to no avail finished up replacing the printhead.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.