• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 33
  • Total: 33
  • Google
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Post your best shots here

Started by oRGie, October 11, 2009, 03:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

Quote from: hssutton on July 18, 2014, 12:06:04 PM
Quote from: Jediboy on July 18, 2014, 11:11:46 AM
Quote from: Beaux Reflets on July 18, 2014, 10:54:45 AM
Quote from: Jediboy on July 18, 2014, 10:36:46 AM
This is just down the road from where I live, and as such I've taken w=quite a few photos of it - daytime, nightime, in the snow.............
This is a HDR (5 photos if I recall correctly) processed in Photomatix.

You're quite right.
I used a free download of photomatix so I get the 'Photomatix' watermark everywhere. I have to clone stamp it out, but clearly didn't do a very good job there. I should buy the full version to avoid this.
That is very nice Chris. It has the feeling of an Etched Print to it. Nice one.

Fabulous shot Chris, you should be proud of this one. Not sure if it's me, but there appears to be a slight problem in the cloud formation top left, where the cloud appears to be in a straight line, very easily corrected, if indeed it is a problem caused by Photomatix.

Harry

Cheers Andy. :)
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Jediboy on July 18, 2014, 11:24:44 AM
I found this one that I had processed slightly differently.

I like the foreground in this shot and the sun burst  :tup: although the depth of view is better in the other shot, and in this one the lit top right corner grabs to distract from the overall composition.

To my mind and experience, sunrise and sunset photographs often require Graduated Processing to afford the impression of 'capturing what the human eye really sees and registers.' 
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

Manual exposure with the camera propped up on something. I can't remember what, I'm afraid I was rather drunk at the time . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Very impressive for a drunk!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

Can I revive this thread?

Not sure if this is my best shot, but I think I captured the rapture of young love here!

northenderdave

Monday is generally my day off  ( from the shop / studio )  which means weather permitting I get myself of to the Lake District or the Yorkshire Dales. The good thing about having a Monday as my Sunday is that these places are not as populated by the weekend day trippers. Here are a few images from this Monday's trip to The Dales. The first two shots are of Aysgarth Falls, made more famous by the Hollwood film " Prince of Thieves ". The next two images are at Cray. Another area used as a backdrop for the Hollywood version of " Wuthering Heights " in 1992.
Well that's my Passion for Landscapes sorted for this week. Now back to editing last weeks Wedding, Some Product Photography, Passport Photos and another Wedding on Saturday. Roll on Retirement whenever it may happen !

DigiDiva

I the composition of the last one best.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

Great area for landscape photography.

I visited a World War I fort on Sunday, and Dutch wedding photographers, in their quest for the new and unusual, are flocking there to get a different shot. I took a photograph of one of the favourite backgrounds, and if it 'works out,' I'll upload it here.

Reinardina

This is one of the locations where couples are 'shot' on their wedding day, these days.

Modern additions are Photoshopped out.

DigiDiva

Interesting place for peoples wedding photos. Different and unusual.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

ABERS

Impressive B+W graffiti with full range of tones just on a brick wall.

northenderdave

Decided to make a video of a few Landscape shots with help from my best mate  Mark with the music. This is more of a try out than anything else so here it is ( Opinions as always appreciated )   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE8QZ5-VsLs&feature=youtu.be   And to be fair to Mark  here is a video I recorded of his band " Shallow Waters " at a festival in the Midlands last Sunday ( Mark is the lead guitarist on the right of the screen 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_hHTdjM-Y4

Both videos are best viewed clicking on the youtube  link on the videos once you have pressed the play button. :tup:

ABERS

Now I know and remember who northerndave is , 1 from the images and 2 from the word Skellum in the second video. Hello again Dave! Glad to see you're still going along well in the profession.

The top video brings together some beautiful images and the music moves them along nicely. The match between the picture content and the mood of the music is unusual, in as much landscapes are usually  accompanied  by a more flowing theme, whereas this combination is the opposite, and it works.

There are a number of occasions where a gradual transition between images could work rather than a snap change. This can result in a 'third image' appearing during the transition. It's  a question of taste and I just mention as a suggestion.

That's  my two pence worth.

:tup:

Reinardina

Love the landscape video, photographs as well as the music.

Too early in the morning, to appreciate the music video.

I too remember Skellum.

northenderdave

Thanks Abers & Reinardina.   :tup:  Yes I have the fade in /out  transition which would of looked much better but unfortunately not enough music to fit it all in.  The name Skellum came from when we emigrated to South Africa in the 60's, its what the local ( Afrikaans ) Police used to call us young English Immigrants. In Afrikaans it means ' Rouge or Scoundrel '. It also pops up in a Robbie Burns Poem.
I used it over here as my Agency Name when I was a Sports / Football League Photographer to try and catch the attention of picture editors when they were fishing through their e.mails. :)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.