• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 133
  • Total: 133
  • Google
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Congratulations on the appointment Dave.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

picsfor

Well done on the promotion. Never hurts to be another step up the ladder.

pocketwitch

Bluey's and a parcel from Afghanistan, made my weekend  :tup:
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

Carol aka Pocketwitch

greypoint

Just checked my flickr stats to see whats been looked at from where and the total views of photostream/sets/collections/pictures shows exactly 200,000 - amazing for a few snaps ::)

picsfor

i'm thinking that means !your pics are rather popular - but then they are rather good!

Oldboy

According to Net Weather it's raining all day. The BBC weather suggest it will be cloudy all day, which isn't what they suggested on Friday for Sunday. Today it was murky this morning but this afternoon the sun came out.  :tup:

hevans

WMMFGT?

The family. Just having them.

H.

Hybridphotog

Quote from: hevans on November 08, 2009, 10:39:00 PM
WMMFGT?
H.
That's good to hear. :)

Wmmfgt?
I'm back in Linux, after having found two installer discs that cause problems.

See, the plan was, wipe the 80GB HDD and reinstall using Ubuntu 9.10. Sound problems caused me to reinstall again (apparently my years-old SB Live card didn't exist, regardless of modprobing etc), but using 9.04 this time, as well as using LVM as the filesystem. Ubuntu 9.04 doesn't do LVM. Ok, still wipe the drive, but adjust the partitions correctly.

Halfway through installing, the installer CD's choke... so I'm left with a blank HDD... twice.

I finally got Linux up and running by doing a net install via booting into a Live CD of Ubuntu 8.04.

Oh, and I've just checked that certain other photo forum... and it *still* doesn't render correctly. Hmm...  ;)

CML-1591

Quote from: Hybridphotog on November 09, 2009, 05:09:42 PM
Quote from: hevans on November 08, 2009, 10:39:00 PM
WMMFGT?
H.
That's good to hear. :)

Wmmfgt?
I'm back in Linux, after having found two installer discs that cause problems.

See, the plan was, wipe the 80GB HDD and reinstall using Ubuntu 9.10. Sound problems caused me to reinstall again (apparently my years-old SB Live card didn't exist, regardless of modprobing etc), but using 9.04 this time, as well as using LVM as the filesystem. Ubuntu 9.04 doesn't do LVM. Ok, still wipe the drive, but adjust the partitions correctly.

??? :legit:

Good to hear Hugh!

WMMFGT?

Got my old coursework back and off to see mates at the pub in a bit.
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

oRGie

Well, what gave a right good laugh..  ignore the op subject, but just scan down page 5 and 6 of this thread, it will bring a smile

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=765695&page=5

Oldboy

Quote from: oRGie on November 09, 2009, 11:00:42 PM
Well, what gave a right good laugh..  ignore the op subject, but just scan down page 5 and 6 of this thread, it will bring a smile

I think the one poster sums it up by asking if she's American!  :doh:

oRGie

Quote from: Oldboy on November 09, 2009, 11:14:40 PM
Well, what gave a right good laugh..  ignore the op subject, but just scan down page 5 and 6 of this thread, it will bring a smile

it was indeed that post that got me laughing, its all in the timing as they say :)

Oldboy

Quote from: oRGie on November 09, 2009, 11:19:35 PM

it was indeed that post that got me laughing, its all in the timing as they say :)

And she answers the question by saying why! Talk about dumb and dumber and they just don't get irony!  :2funny:

skellum

Quote from: oRGie on November 09, 2009, 11:19:35 PM

[/quote ]

On holiday my son & his girlfriend were driving from LA to Las Vegas and required some " Gas " along the way. Having stopped somewhere the attendent asked where they were from. "England" replied my son Adam to which the attendent replied...... "My Dad worked at the airport there" !.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.