• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 255
  • Total: 255
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

Quote from: krennon on September 24, 2009, 04:59:34 PM
Jonathan long time no "chat" nice to see you're alive and kicking here (missed you on the old site we used to inhabit)

What DCM/PR?  I got tired of that after they threatened to ban me........ :)
It's Guest's round

anglefire

Threats don't count!  :2funny:

I've popped in a couple of times to look/post - but I really don't like it - dunno why, just doesn't feel right I think!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

irv_b

Thanks for the encouraging words guys - the money for the D300 was due to the price of scrap copper and stainless steel rising qiute rapidly lately so I only have to find £50 or so then a s/hand lens off ebay or somewhere £150 - £300 (hopefully). Its a registry office in Brentwood (does any know it ?) for the ceremony then a reception and evening do in a marquee.
Irv
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

hevans

Quote from: irv_b on September 24, 2009, 08:16:53 PM
the money for the D300 was due to the price of scrap copper and stainless steel rising qiute rapidly lately
So, what?! Did you sell the kitchen sink and connected pipes?! Now THAT'S dedication!

Good luck with the welding, and enjoy!

You might also have a look at a 50mm f1.4,1.8, etc. for the indoor shots - but our tame wedding photographer (JR) could advise best.

H.

oRGie

Quote from: hevans on September 24, 2009, 09:21:06 PM
the money for the D300 was due to the price of scrap copper and stainless steel rising qiute rapidly lately
So, what?! Did you sell the kitchen sink and connected pipes?! Now THAT'S dedication!

Good luck with the welding, and enjoy!

You might also have a look at a 50mm f1.4,1.8, etc. for the indoor shots - but our tame wedding photographer (JR) could advise best.

H.

Some say!  his eyes work independantly so he can use 2 cameras at once and that he once found a bride to be so ugly he refused to do the shoot in case his lens cracked, all we know is, we call him the STOG!

Oldboy

Thanks for the encouraging words guys - the money for the D300 was due to the price of scrap copper and stainless steel rising qiute rapidly lately so I only have to find £50 or so then a s/hand lens off ebay or somewhere £150 - £300 (hopefully). Its a registry office in Brentwood (does any know it ?) for the ceremony then a reception and evening do in a marquee.
Irv
Mifsuds have a Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG (82mm Filter Thread) at £369 or a Sigma 28-70mm F2.8 EX DG (67mm Filter Thread) at £199.  ;D

http://www.mifsuds.com/usedpriceindex.htm Move down until you see Nikon lenses.

Jonathan

Irv

Hmm you might want a new thread for this before the super moderators slap your legs.

@oRGIe - err, I've used 3 cameras at once a couple of times.  Does that count?  But I never, ever have ugly brides.
It's Guest's round

krennon

WMMFGT

Well last night really, started editing my best mates wedding pics for him, been really bad at getting in front of the puter to do it (I did tell him though they wouldn't get them immediately..) They seem to be coming out well very little editing seems to be required so looks like my bro and both mine and his cameras have done a good job....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Jonathan

TTIWWP ;)

WMMFGT?  As always - 15K on the Concept2.  Endorphins rock.
It's Guest's round

Hybridphotog

Two things made me laugh.

First, in tonights camera club, it was competition night. One particular photo was of a meerkat, and it was staring right at the camera. The title was "Simples". The title might well have been "Meerkat"... as the meaning being the title sailed clean over the judges head.

Second, I read tonight, that Martin Parr's been giving some advice about taking good photos. Nuff said, methinks. :)

Alfonso_Frisk

WMMFGT ?
Camera gear all cleaned, batteries all charged and memory cards formatted ready for my 5 day trip to the Isle of Skye Monday.
Just need to find my passport and get some money changed  ;D
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Graham

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on September 26, 2009, 03:00:50 PM
WMMFGT ?
Camera gear all cleaned, batteries all charged and memory cards formatted ready for my 5 day trip to the Isle of Skye Monday.
Just need to find my passport and get some money changed  ;D
Ooooh not been to Skye since you had to swim across! Try to get a tour around the Talisker distillery. :tup:
                         Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

hevans

Survived the marital stress test that is Ikea. We should be good for another few years now.  ;D

H.

Oldboy

Quote from: hevans on September 26, 2009, 10:47:50 PM

Survived the marital stress test that is Ikea. We should be good for another few years now.  ;D

H.
Didn't think much of that store myself and the meatballs were rubbish.  >:(

CML-1591

Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.