• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 81
  • Total: 81
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

Getting Elliott Erwitt's book 'Personal Best'. A photographer with a fantastic eye and a wicked sense of humour. :)

Jonathan

Quote from: ABERS on January 05, 2011, 04:13:05 PM
Getting Elliott Erwitt's book 'Personal Best'. A photographer with a fantastic eye and a wicked sense of humour. :)

Ooo nice.

I got a copy of Avedon's "Performance" for Christmas and the images and print quality are just a delight.
It's Guest's round

Graham

Quote from: Jonathan on January 05, 2011, 04:19:03 PM
Quote from: ABERS on January 05, 2011, 04:13:05 PM

Ooo nice.

I got a copy of Avedon's "Performance" for Christmas and the images and print quality are just a delight.
Elliot Erwit for me too.
                                    I got "To the dogs". So much more than a book of dog pics. Beautifully observerd and as Alan says a very keen and evident sence of humour.
                                                                   Graham.  :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on January 05, 2011, 10:33:17 AM
Quote from: spinner on January 05, 2011, 02:34:57 AM
Found a place in a neighbouring town that had the oven part I needed, in stock. Drove out and picked it up. Now I have a working oven! No need for take-out. :P

So your're cooking now.  :2funny:

With Gas! :dance:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

irv_b

WMMFGT
One of my sons passed his driving test theory exam and he scored the highest in the class - I know ultimately it will cost me money but he was so happy when he told me on the phone :tup:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Graham

Quote from: irv_b on January 05, 2011, 10:28:17 PM
WMMFGT
One of my sons passed his driving test theory exam and he scored the highest in the class - I know ultimately it will cost me money but he was so happy when he told me on the phone :tup:

Passing my driving test was the most nerve racking but ulltimately satisfying thing I have ever done (Sad life, I know.) Much more than school exams.
     It's proof that your an adult at last!
                         Graham. :tup:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

jinky

WMMFG - Newcastel score last night in this topsy turvy season when I feared the worst with the strike force available and that Ben Arfa has signed for us now on a deal. Please god let`s finish top 10 with no worries in the last weeks of the season.
Also finally feel on the mend after a month of dodgy stomach issues and pain from the operation I had. Still eating small portions but everything working as it should in my gut for the last day or two and I can eat just about anything except red meat, milk or pastry at this point. :)
Going out for only the 2nd time in a month today and on my own. Planning an exciting walk to local Sainsburys - only a mile or so- and doing a small shop until my daughter collects me on her way back from work - exciting or what  ;)

ABERS

Glad to hear you're on the mend Jinks. You crossed my mind last evening as I was watching the BBC news and the piece about snow returning to certain parts of the country. I could have sworn the background picture was the one you had success with in the PR POTY. The sledging one with figures dotted around it. I may be wrong but if the news is on I-player you may want to have a look.

nickt

Quote from: jinky on January 06, 2011, 07:29:34 AM
WMMFG - Newcastel score last night in this topsy turvy season when I feared the worst with the strike force available and that Ben Arfa has signed for us now on a deal. Please god let`s finish top 10 with no worries in the last weeks of the season.
Also finally feel on the mend after a month of dodgy stomach issues and pain from the operation I had. Still eating small portions but everything working as it should in my gut for the last day or two and I can eat just about anything except red meat, milk or pastry at this point. :)
Going out for only the 2nd time in a month today and on my own. Planning an exciting walk to local Sainsburys - only a mile or so- and doing a small shop until my daughter collects me on her way back from work - exciting or what  ;)
Blimey Jinky, seems you've had a bit of a rough time recently. Hope things get better for you.
Nick

nickt

WMMFGT
Yes it will cost you money Irv. My daughter passed her test before Xmas so it cost me quite a few bob to get her a car and pay for the insurance as a Xmas present. Still once he's got his own car, you don't have to drive him to partys etc and then pick him up at some ungodly hour !!
Nick

Graham

Quote from: nickt on January 06, 2011, 11:55:19 PM
WMMFGT
Still once he's got his own car, you don't have to drive him to partys etc and then pick him up at some ungodly hour !!
Nick

Quite right. He'll be able to drive you to parties etc and then pick you up at some ungodly hour!  :tup:
                                Graham.

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

picsfor

I know this isn't necessarily polite but...

Roy Keane has finally been sacked as manager of Ipswich.
Now we can get on with the business of finding a manager who can work with the constraints offered by a bunch of farmers with expensive tractors - but not a cook who can teach you how to boil an egg!

Also, England need a manager who's gonna lead a team to win the world cup, and they only ever come Ipswich  :tup: :dance:

spinner

Quote from: Graham on January 07, 2011, 07:10:10 AM
Quote from: nickt on January 06, 2011, 11:55:19 PM
WMMFGT
Still once he's got his own car, you don't have to drive him to partys etc and then pick him up at some ungodly hour !!
Nick

Quite right. He'll be able to drive you to parties etc and then pick you up at some ungodly hour!  :tup:
                                Graham.

A rite of passage! I remember when I got my license had to take my parents out to the Veteran's Hall every Sat. night and go by my aunt and uncles house to get them. Then do the reverse at 2 am. them all pished and my uncle wanting to hit up some carryout place (which he usually didn't eat). :beer: :beer:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Jonathan

WMMFGT?

Prospective client just buzzed me on Twitter asking for a day rate for a location fashion shoot.

I quoted my happy price and asked if they had a particular location in mind.

"Yeah, we just decided Highclere - you know where they shot Downton Abbey.  Can we talk dates?"

I love my job.
It's Guest's round

CML-1591

Quote from: Graham on January 06, 2011, 07:01:56 AM
WMMFGT

Passing my driving test was the most nerve racking but ulltimately satisfying thing I have ever done (Sad life, I know.) Much more than school exams.
     It's proof that your an adult at last!
                         Graham. :tup:

urgh, hate them. Yeah i said them, plural. Got my damn fourth one coming up, just stupid stupid mistakes i make. The driving and the turns (left reverse, turn in the road and all that) are fine just stupid mistakes...
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.