• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 51
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 36
  • Total: 36
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

Similar thing happened to me keith.
         On hols a few years ago in Midhurst went into charity shop to get somthing to read  (I have a thing for biographies.) and picked up "The Downing Street Years" by Maggie Fatcher.
         The old bats only gone and signed it has'nt she! Just waiting for her to be gatherd to God and I can stick it on Ebay!
                                Graham. :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

jinky

2 things:
1. Got a Merry Christmas email card from the national offices of a group I`ve done some work for. Thought I recognised the image they used from all their various, numerous regional shoots for the year - it was mine  :)

2. Good - I think. Confirmation that an agency  acting for Channel 4 are to come up to Leeds on 14th December to film me with a view to me appearing on Come Dine With Me (I like cooking - don`t laugh! ). I`m in the final 14 after two telephone interviews but Channel 4 pick the final 4 contestants in early January for filming week of 24th January. Seems it was some of my "bizarre" multiplicity shots requested to show my character and my stories of Jinky my ventriloquist dummy ("Do you treat him as a member of the family?") that got me thus far.
I aim to do something of a portrait shoot as part of my evening if allowed and pepper the walls with my best shots and be presented as a wannabe pro photographer to try and generate my name for more business in the new year when I aim to do some advertising. Of course they will have made me look such a plonker from selective editing that it will probably be bad publicity - but is any publicity bad publicity? maybe yes ;D
Jinky maybe coming to a TV screen near you - you have been warned! :)

Graham

Go for it Jinkers old chap!
                                     I also have been known to dance around a kitchen, and was invited to put myself forward to appear, God only knows where they got my details.
                                     I politley declined their kind offer.
                                                    Graham. :tup:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

krennon

Jinky congrats to you, I love cooking but would dread the idea of doing something like CDWM, as I like to take my cooking slow, most ambitious thing I ever did dinner party for 10 people 5 courses and yep I cheated on dessert those were bought from Lidl (really really good desserts there) but only because so many people liked different things I didn't want to be making about 6 different desserts for people...hope you get picked and maybe I'll make a point of watching it...keep us informed

Graham great feeling isn't it picking up a signed copy I suspect yours will be worth more than mine but i wouldn't want to sell mine anyway

Also taking our cat Salem to the vet this evening and being told he isn't seriously ill, he had a bald patch appear on his back the other week which the vet treated, then we thought some more bald patches had appeared but it was just where his collar has been, and his front left leg has been really swollen for the last couple of days, so the vet had a look at him and literally pulled out a big patch of pus from a cat bite (could've been our other cat Willow that bit him or it may have been the local neighbourhood bully boy tomcat) so he's had a jab of antibiotics and he's got another course of tablets as well....so nothing really serious as we were really really worried about him so although it was a £68.00 visit he's worth every penny...we've literally been back about an hour and he's already showing an improvement going out and running around in the snow and ice.....so very chuffed he's ok
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Oldboy

Well done jinky and I hope you get picked.  :tup:

Glad your cats OK krennon and amazed at the cost - very cheap.  :o

krennon

Thanks OB, yep our vets pretty good £68.00 for a jab tonight plus a course of antibiotics and the pulling the pus/bite out I was quite chuffed as well and it wouldn't have mattered what it cost he's worth every penny (we do have him insured anyway but with a £70.00 excess)

And I wanted to thank you for your comments on my rutting deer and stag shot it was nice to see what others thought of them especially the stag shot the judge marked down....so thanks for your comments as well it was much appreciated especially from you, as I love all your wildlife shots.  :tup:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Oldboy

Quote from: krennon on December 01, 2010, 08:24:13 PM
Thanks OB, yep our vets pretty good £68.00 for a jab tonight plus a course of antibiotics and the pulling the pus/bite out I was quite chuffed as well and it wouldn't have mattered what it cost he's worth every penny (we do have him insured anyway but with a £70.00 excess)

And I wanted to thank you for your comments on my rutting deer and stag shot it was nice to see what others thought of them especially the stag shot the judge marked down....so thanks for your comments as well it was much appreciated especially from you, as I love all your wildlife shots.  :tup:

:-[

jinky

Glad your cats OK Krennon. Ours has had bites in his tail twice recently where he has pulled all the fur out to keep it clean and self treat. Pretty sure it must have been one of our local urban  foxes chasing him to the cat flap and catching him. Ashamed to say we went for the surviving in the wild / self treatment approach each time keeping an eye on things in case vet needed and he did well ;)

Hinfrance

Jinky on Come Dine With Me? Not sure the world is ready for that . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

Quote from: Tringle WP on December 02, 2010, 08:52:16 AM
Jinky on Come Dine With Me? Not sure the world is ready for that . . .
No! He'd be great...honest!
             I'd love to hear what that narrator bloke has to say about him. :2funny:
                                Graham.

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

jinky

My kids are threatening to disown me - does that mean they won`t cost me anything then?  :dance:

Jonathan

This does go under the heading of "me and my big mouth".

I was on Twitter yesterday and mentioned to a designer I know who happens to have the most amazing bridal coat that it would look awfully nice photographed in snow.

In the past 24 hours I've been on Twitter, Model Mayhem, Skype and the phone almost constantly.  On a tiny budget we have sourced:

1. Model
2. Make up artist
3. Hair stylist
4. Landrover to get people around
5. Castle
6. 2 of the most gorgeous huskies in the world (seriously they have won awards)

All I have to do is shoot it tomorrow.  In a foot or so of snow.....

Can.  Not.  Wait.
It's Guest's round

picsfor

serves you right for advertising the fact that you had cleared your drive way and challenging any one to complain about it.

They didn't complain - they just reasoned that as you were now free to get out...

Jonathan

It's Guest's round

Oldboy

Quote from: Jonathan on December 05, 2010, 04:52:47 PM
Cake.  Piece of ;)  Apart from all the snow melting...

http://peoplebyryan.com/fashion/snow-queen

Cracking couple of photos with the model and dogs looking good.  :tup:

I see what you mean about the coat.  8)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.