• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 59
  • Total: 59
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Cheers all. Hope you had a nice break Howard despite the bad cold  :(

I will keep the D80 as back up as it is worthless - has over 55,000 clicks on the clock due to covering great runs over last 2 years. I am hoping to get a few wedding gigs as I set up properly and must admit I could have done with the D700 when I did a shoot for Kier Construction the other day. had a guy from their depot come up to me mid shoot with my lights / brollies up - say what camera is it - then say you could have borrowed my D90! >:(
I came back with the retorts that my D700 was in the shop (technically true - he assumed it was getting fixed ;D) and it`s not wha you`ve got but how you use it. He won`t say that next time with my D700 and grip attached - if  can lift it ;)

anglefire

I still use my 5D alot, though the MkIII is the weapon of choice :)

I use the 5D when I want to travel light - and a lot for work when I tend tobe in tight spaces and need the 17mm end of my 17-40!

The 5D still takes stunning pictures too.

My 350D is pretty much not used - my youngest (9) uses it more than me these days. And that is still a good camera.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

spinner

I'm a step behind OB, D200 is my top camera but I find myself picking up my D50 more often than not.  :)
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Jonathan

Took a nice booking on a rainy day.

Mid September I'm off to Mykonos for a few days to shoot a gorgeous wedding.  Perfick.  Oh and I get paid too.  Love this job....
It's Guest's round

Eileen

I'm going to Kefalonia in June to shoot a cousin's wedding.  :dance:

picsfor

Congrats to both on your "paid holidays".
I'm sure they'll be some great pics from either trip  :tup:

Jonathan

Quote from: Eileen on May 03, 2010, 07:14:19 PM
I'm going to Kefalonia in June to shoot a cousin's wedding.  :dance:

Sweet!  We'll have to compare notes.  I suspect a big reflector may be in both our futures.

Main worry is kit.  Apparently though if it fits in my ThinkTank and I can lift it over my head then Queasyjet won't weigh my hand luggage :D
It's Guest's round

CML-1591

Quote from: Jonathan on May 04, 2010, 07:40:22 AM
Quote from: Eileen on May 03, 2010, 07:14:19 PM
I'm going to Kefalonia in June to shoot a cousin's wedding.  :dance:

Sweet!  We'll have to compare notes.  I suspect a big reflector may be in both our futures.

Main worry is kit.  Apparently though if it fits in my ThinkTank and I can lift it over my head then Queasyjet won't weigh my hand luggage :D

Sunbounce ?

WMMFGT:

Finally got a Job, just don't know the hours except 10-14 and weekends, maybe Fridays too hmmm

Also made my dad feel good as he prob nick my discount  :doh:
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Jonathan

Quote from: CML-1591 on May 04, 2010, 04:00:57 PM
Sunbounce ?

Nah.  Never used them but I think they are well overpriced.  Like everything the Calumet knockoffs are identical and cheaper ;)
It's Guest's round

Eileen

Good luck with the job CML.  ;D

The Queasyjet carry on luggage bins always look to take quite big cases so I'm sure you'll be fine Jonathan, and even able to lift if over your head at a pinch. My luggage will be lighter and smaller as I don't have quite so much kit - two of everything, loads of cards, spare batteries and storage drive and maybe an extra fast lens just in case. Only Olympus seem to go my way. I don't foresee any problems with the main flight but have been worrying about the island hopper - will check once I get my tickets (which are being arrenged for me).

My other worry is that my cousin is a very striking woman - much taller than me with long dark hair and strong features - but sadly doesn't photograph that well. It's something to do with a strong profile and very mobile face but she is very hard to photograph. I'm really going to have to study her face closely in the first day or so to work out how to make her look as good in the photos as she does in real life. Soft flat lighting I think will help. I like a challenge, and I love photographing people, and she wants a really fun, happy set of pictures rather than anything too pretty and perfect. But every bride wants to look hot in their wedding pictures and I'm going to make sure she does. Everyday stuff for you of course.

picsfor

plenty of practice then Eileen on day 1...

But i suspect you'll do fine - mark of a great tog  :tup:

Eileen

CML-1591

Quote from: Eileen on May 04, 2010, 08:27:43 PM
Good luck with the job CML.  ;D

The Queasyjet carry on luggage bins always look to take quite big cases so I'm sure you'll be fine Jonathan, and even able to lift if over your head at a pinch. My luggage will be lighter and smaller as I don't have quite so much kit - two of everything, loads of cards, spare batteries and storage drive and maybe an extra fast lens just in case. Only Olympus seem to go my way. I don't foresee any problems with the main flight but have been worrying about the island hopper - will check once I get my tickets (which are being arrenged for me).

My other worry is that my cousin is a very striking woman - much taller than me with long dark hair and strong features - but sadly doesn't photograph that well. It's something to do with a strong profile and very mobile face but she is very hard to photograph. I'm really going to have to study her face closely in the first day or so to work out how to make her look as good in the photos as she does in real life. Soft flat lighting I think will help. I like a challenge, and I love photographing people, and she wants a really fun, happy set of pictures rather than anything too pretty and perfect. But every bride wants to look hot in their wedding pictures and I'm going to make sure she does. Everyday stuff for you of course.

Thanks, I'm now the owner of an orange apron, hmm...

Arhh the best and annoying thing of photography learning what works and what don't then changing it! Hope it goes well for you and you find that angle...
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

spinner

Read on ZDnet that the Ipad will be available to purchase outside the U.S. on May 28th. Didn't read past Canada so don't know if that's go for most of you folks. I want to be the first on my block!
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Graham

Quote from: CML-1591 on May 07, 2010, 08:28:29 PM

Thanks, I'm now the owner of an orange apron, hmm...

A B&Q one by any chance?.... A trip there is guaranteed to take my grey morning and fill it with shafts of sunlight! :D
                                                    Graham. :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.