• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 119
  • Total: 119
  • Bingbot
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oRGie

Gratz on the cover Jonathon, gotta be great for business :)

I am very happy, I have been trying to track down an old warner brothers comp album a friend of mine had over 20 years ago to find out what tracks were on it, there were 2 tracks on there that had stuck in my mind all this time, finally found the info and was able to find the songs :)

http://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Warner-Bros-Music-Show/release/1126557

It was The Doobie Brothers track "black water" that had stuck in my head for so long. I had a lot of the others in my collection allready  :tup:

:beer:

Graham

Quote from: oRGie on February 17, 2010, 01:16:16 AM

I am very happy, I have been trying to track down an old warner brothers comp album a friend of mine had over 20 years ago to find out what tracks were on it, there were 2 tracks on there that had stuck in my mind all this time, finally found the info and was able to find the songs :)

http://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Warner-Bros-Music-Show/release/1126557

It was The Doobie Brothers track "black water" that had stuck in my head for so long. I had a lot of the others in my collection allready  :tup:

:beer:
Great album that, one of the first I bought. It was released to promote a tour by seven or so of the lables bands, you turned up for the show not knowing which band you were going to get, If you were lucky you got "Little Feat"! :tup:

Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

krennon

WMMFGT Finally at last getting my pc pretty much back to how it was, still got some software to install but nothing major, just need to find a decent AV package now.
Got hit with a really really nasty worm virus that took out my dvd drive, my sound card, wiped my wallpaper and kept flashing really nasty warning messages onto the screen, it's taken my mate the best part of 3 weeks overall to get it back to anywhere near normal. the good news is I didn't lose any images....(got most of those backed up anyway) but this is why I haven't been around much, and can't really log on at work (which is what I'm doing now) so I've missed out on loads of stuff some great images from the Speakers Corner meet at the end of Jan shame I missed that but I'm back and still just as bad (at photography  ;))
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Forseti

You might want to consider Kaspersky Internet Suite 2010 - a complete package of Firewall, AV, Anti-Spam and and and. It really is very good and in fact blocked access to a blog site that I frequented last Sunday advising the site was infected with a Trojan script. As it happens, I checked the blog site again this morning and the owner (John Beardsworth) advises that he's had to rebuilt the site as a result of the infection. So I consider the relatively small outlay for KAS as being money well spent.  :tup:
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

jinky

I`d second Forseti`s support for K Int Suite. Great on my main PC - for reasons i`ll not bore you with I`ve got Virgin Media`s version of Kaspersky on my laptop and it is not as good. When I can get them to sort out password issues I`ll be putting the proper version on there too

ABERS

I've just noticed the date, 17th February, a date that lives in the annals of British history, well for me at least. On this day 55 years ago a callow and somewhat nervous youth was called to serve Queen and country for two years and help to keep the communist hordes gathered in Eastern Europe at bay, all for 28 shillings a week! :tup:

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on February 17, 2010, 05:28:59 PM
I've just noticed the date, 17th February, a date that lives in the annals of British history, well for me at least. On this day 55 years ago a callow and somewhat nervous youth was called to serve Queen and country for two years and help to keep the communist hordes gathered in Eastern Europe at bay, all for 28 shillings a week! :tup:
Happy anniversary. :beer:
                      I hope you spent your shillings wisely.
                                             Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Jonathan

Quote from: Simple on February 16, 2010, 08:25:06 PM
Nice one Jonathan.
It has IMO a lot of a Joe McNally style to it.

Possibly the nicest thing anybody has ever said about one of my pics.  Thank you.
It's Guest's round

spinner

Canada beat the U.S.A. in hockey to take the Olympic Gold~ :beer: :beer: :beer: ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

greypoint

1st March and the sun's shining - somehow it feels winter might just be starting to be over - even though it's a bit chilly  8)

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on March 01, 2010, 01:12:09 AM
Canada beat the U.S.A. in hockey to take the Olympic Gold~ :beer: :beer: :beer: ;D
But they made heavy weather of it.  ::)

Well done Canada on a great games and winning 14 golds, which is more than any team has done ever.  ;D  :beer: :beer: :beer:

hevans

WMMFGT?!

Hearing the bloody olympics has finally finished. I've come to the conclusion that all such major sporting events should take place at least 7 time zones from me, such that they take place in the middle of the night.

Coming up: saturation coverage of the world cup....yippeee, four weeks of non-stop football for everyone to watch, whether they want to or not.

I hate sports.

H.

ABERS

Olympics? What Olympics? ;)

Roll on June and let's have some real sport from S.A. :tup:

Hinfrance

Quote from: hevans on March 01, 2010, 12:02:36 PM

WMMFGT?!

Hearing the bloody olympics has finally finished. I've come to the conclusion that all such major sporting events should take place at least 7 time zones from me, such that they take place in the middle of the night.

Coming up: saturation coverage of the world cup....yippeee, four weeks of non-stop football for everyone to watch, whether they want to or not.

I hate sports.

H.

I had a struggle to find programming of the winter olympics - I love watching the snow events, because I love chucking myself of a mountain too . .

Alan, football isn't a sport, it's a game  ;)

Personally I am a bit envious of my friends who live in Cape Town - they're going on a protracted holiday to the wilds of New Zealand and the rent they're getting on their apartment is paying for the trip, the spending money, and probably a complete refit of the place when they get home. And they won't be able to see or hear any of it. Jammy gits. I'll probably be down the library everyday trying to find something to dull the endless tedium of endless mindless football related drivel that will be ceaselessly emanating from every channel of every station for however long the ghastly event lasts. >:(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

irv_b

Quote from: Tringle WP on March 01, 2010, 04:44:01 PM
Quote from: hevans on March 01, 2010, 12:02:36 PM

WMMFGT?!

I hate sports.

H.

I had a struggle to find programming of the winter olympics - I love watching the snow events, because I love chucking myself of a mountain too . .

Alan, football isn't a sport, it's a game  ;)

Personally I am a bit envious of my friends who live in Cape Town - they're going on a protracted holiday to the wilds of New Zealand and the rent they're getting on their apartment is paying for the trip, the spending money, and probably a complete refit of the place when they get home. And they won't be able to see or hear any of it. Jammy gits. I'll probably be down the library everyday trying to find something to dull the endless tedium of endless mindless football related drivel that will be ceaselessly emanating from every channel of every station for however long the ghastly event lasts. >:(
I take it you don't like the beautiful game then Howard :2funny:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.