• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 67
  • Total: 67
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wendoureecat

Quote from: Oldboy on January 05, 2010, 10:33:05 AM
It's snowing like mad.  :tup:

You have unbelievable snow at the moment we have floods and bushfires..........i wish the world would settle down and get back to normal temperatures in the seasons.

picsfor

according to Sir David (Attenborough) & the Met Office it is only going to get worse.

I'm glad i've got some pictures of the sun shining in June and snow falling in December and January, because according to them, at some point it's all gonna go "Blue Tits" up.

Forseti

It's snowing like mad.  :tup:

And this is what made you feel good today? Are you simply mad, or both bed ridden and mad?  :2funny: We're chest deep in the stuff here and getting around is nigh-on impossible. Walking - manageable if kitted out with fisherman's leggins or whatever you may call them. Driving - with normal tyres impossible; with winter tyres akin to having ice skates on four corners of the car.  :'(  I know a good doctor OB - can I suggest a referral?   :tup:
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

greypoint

Yep - agree - a sprinkling of snow for getting a few pics is fine but thick snow followed by day after day of hard packed ice is no joke if you have to get out and about. We've mostly missed out today here in mid northants as it seems to be bad in the north, south, west and a bit of the east but just missing the east midlands.Forecast is'nt good though - i ordered some fur lined rubber boots yesterday!

picsfor

Quote from: Forseti on January 05, 2010, 03:45:09 PM
And this is what made you feel good today? Are you simply mad, or both bed ridden and mad?

The clue is in his handle - 'old'  :D :D :D :D

Forseti

Quote from: picsfor on January 05, 2010, 04:43:18 PM
And this is what made you feel good today? Are you simply mad, or both bed ridden and mad?

Oh silly me - of course it is.  :doh:  With a bit of luck he'll now be scraping around in his beloved snow somewhere trying to find the lens cap he dropped.  :2funny:
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

Oldboy

Quote from: Forseti on January 05, 2010, 05:14:16 PM
Quote from: picsfor on January 05, 2010, 04:43:18 PM

Oh silly me - of course it is.  :doh:  With a bit of luck he'll now be scraping around in his beloved snow somewhere trying to find the lens cap he dropped.  :2funny:

Oh no he isn't! Just got back in from a great day out in all the lovely snow.  :tup:

Not mad or bed ridden but willing to enjoy the snowy conditions.  ;D

picsfor

And did you build yourself an Igloo Oldboy?
Untold picture opportunities and you would be clearing away the snow for the other less keen members of the community.  :tup:

Graham

So! Snow then, it looks like it's the new Marmite (You love it or you hate it.)
     I'm with OldBoy on this one.
     I love to see the big flakes (Not that one :2funny:) floating down.
     Walking in it takes 40 years off me.
     It makes my garden look as good as next doors.
             What's not to like?
                                         Graham. ;D
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

oRGie

Quote from: greypoint on January 05, 2010, 04:06:51 PMi ordered some fur lined rubber boots yesterday!

I guess you will get them straight after it all thaws out  :2funny:

I miss the snow, just wet here.. 14c or something like that   :'(

greypoint

Quote from: Graham on January 05, 2010, 06:08:10 PM
     So! Snow then, it looks like it's the new Marmite (You love it or you hate it.)
     I'm with OldBoy on this one.
     I love to see the big flakes (Not that one :2funny:) floating down.
     Walking in it takes 40 years off me.
     It makes my garden look as good as next doors.
             What's not to like?
                                         Graham. ;D

What's not to like is the packed ice that surely follows and makes the pavements lethal....you should think of those of us who are getting old and frail :2funny:

ABERS

All this palaver about snow, can't think what is troubling you. Not a flake has fallen here in cosy Surrey, well not in the better parts that is!  ;) :tup: :legit:

Oldboy

Quote from: picsfor on January 05, 2010, 05:29:15 PM
And did you build yourself an Igloo Oldboy?

Didn't bother with the Ig and just built a loo!  :2funny:

Looks like my sensor may need cleaning or it's snowing.  ;D

Click for bigger size.

jinky

Well I`m with OldBoy - love snow and we`ve had another 6 inches today. Went sledging last weekend but now my eldest daughter has gone back to Guildford I`ve no one with the bottle to join me and feel a bit sad and old going alone. I expect I`ll go on a walk with my camera tomorrow and do my impression of Bambi on ice again :D

irv_b

Quote from: ABERS on January 05, 2010, 07:03:17 PM
All this palaver about snow, can't think what is troubling you. Not a flake has fallen here in cosy Surrey, well not in the better parts that is!  ;) :tup: :legit:
Cor! That must mean Croydon is also in the better parts of Surrey too :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.