• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 107
  • Total: 107
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: anglefire on April 26, 2017, 07:06:02 PM
Got a problem with one of my NAS drives - I can get into it via the web admin page and FTP, but can't get in as a windows share  - I get this error "the local security authority database contains an internal inconsistency" - same on two computers so don't think it is the windows boxes, but the NAS.

Now, having just rebooted it, it is now working - but still not sure if I should be concerned or not !

It appears to be a known error to do with the registry file. Try this link: http://errorfixfree.com/the-local-security-authority-database-contains-an-internal-inconsistency-windows-7/

anglefire

It was a NAS problem - a reboot sorted it. Problem now is that it has 0 bytes free. I'm trying to free up enough stuff that is basically garbage to allow the back up to continue (I still have a cloud backup, so not a current issue)
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jediboy

I put my camera into a local shop for a sensor clean a few weeks ago and its dirty again already. Not convinced that they did it properly.  >:(
May the Force be with you.

Chris

anglefire

That reminds me, I must clean the sensor on my 1Dx  - its not been done since I bought it - and its done about 42k shots. And it is very dirty - which would be a big problem is I did more landscapes, but most of my shots are taken wide open or not so stopped down to show too much!
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jediboy

I quite enjoy landscapes and it's causing me a problem. I should have a go at cleaning it myself but I'm not brave enough.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

anglefire

I cleaned my 350D and 5D myself - can't remember if I did the 1D mk3 or not - possibly, but not often - went back to Canon a couple of times, once for warranty and once to repair the shutter when a sub 5p screw fell out (I know it was 5p or less, cos it was itemised on the bill!)
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

It appears that some police are still chasing people with cameras.  :(

From the Daily Mail online: A professional photographer was arrested under the Terrorism Act by an over-zealous civilian officer for taking a picture of Hove Town Hall from a public street in what the detainee called a total abuse of power.
Eddie Mitchell, who has worked in the South East for 18 years, was outside Brighton and Hove City Council's building in East Sussex snapping a routine general shot.
He was apprehended by a woman who waved a Sussex Police lanyard in his face and demanded to know what he was doing this afternoon.
As Mr Mitchell tried to explain to the woman that he was merely doing his job, he said the civilian officer and her colleagues desperately scrambled to pin something on him - and ended up seizing his equipment under the Terrorism Act.

:uglystupid2:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4474974/Photographer-arrested-terror-picture-town-hall.html#ixzz4gBg6AI7b

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

Quote from: Oldboy on May 05, 2017, 08:35:59 AM
It appears that some police are still chasing people with cameras.  :(

From the Daily Mail online: A professional photographer was arrested under the Terrorism Act by an over-zealous civilian officer for taking a picture of Hove Town Hall from a public street in what the detainee called a total abuse of power.
Eddie Mitchell, who has worked in the South East for 18 years, was outside Brighton and Hove City Council's building in East Sussex snapping a routine general shot.
He was apprehended by a woman who waved a Sussex Police lanyard in his face and demanded to know what he was doing this afternoon.
As Mr Mitchell tried to explain to the woman that he was merely doing his job, he said the civilian officer and her colleagues desperately scrambled to pin something on him - and ended up seizing his equipment under the Terrorism Act.

:uglystupid2:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4474974/Photographer-arrested-terror-picture-town-hall.html#ixzz4gBg6AI7b

Not even police officers, but a civi. To be fair he could have probably solved it by giving his name, but it may be her attitude was such that he decided to play by the rules.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Beryl

What annoyed me today was.
I got nearly all the way along the cycle track from Exmouth to Lympstone on my mobility scooter when just suddenly the sky opened up and rain just fell and fell. I had to get off and fumble about putting my camera away. not easy when you can't walk :yikes:

I don't think I have moved it so fast since I bought it.

So yes. That annoyed me today

A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Reinardina

Facebook!

Received an email today, with two names of unknown people 'and twenty eight other suggested friends'!

Why is Mark Zuckerberg trying to improve my social life? Or more probably, my social media life, which I haven't got, and don't want to have, as I live in the real world.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Absolutely crazy. Wikipedia shoudl be ashamed of itself for developing this daft notion and PETA even more so who seem to be "representing" the wrong monkey! I get a sense that whilst "award winning" the guy never really had a full time career out of his nature photography and is probably guilty of overmilking the other way too but can see how annoyed he must be at his supposed regular monthly income on rights payments dried up. I wouldn`t let those dogs anywhere near my camera if I was him in his new job!

anglefire

I read somewhere that someone like David Bailey got all his minions to set up the shots and he just pressed the button so it's his picture hence copyright. I do assume though that it was his ideas too - but frankly it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.