• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 95
  • Total: 95
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on November 11, 2011, 04:32:07 PM
Curiouser and curiouser.  ???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15689652

I like the quote: Christie's said the viewer was "not invited to consider a specific place along the river, but rather an almost 'platonic' ideal of the body of water as it navigates the landscape".

I think platitude might have been more apt!  :uglystupid2:

Quote from: Graham on November 11, 2011, 04:44:50 PM
Quote from: ABERS on November 11, 2011, 04:32:07 PM
Curiouser and curiouser.  ???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15689652

Right click......Save picture as......open in PS.......Send to printer.
  Jobs a goodun, mines a pint!
                     Graham. :beer:

I wonder if the BBC will retain the rights to this picture for ever and ever?  :uglystupid2:

Reinardina

Clocks, time etc ...

Just placed my first shout ever, at 06.45 or thereabouts, according to the site, while my pc tells me it's 08.08 AM.

Am I losing it? Did it really take me that long to go from the shout to this bit of the forum?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

Now come on, don't be too harsh. When you realise the print is about 9 feet wide, you really are getting a lot of picture for your money. 

I have a sneaking suspicion that I've seen this on the PR forum sometime in the past with the author saying that on a recent trip along the Rhine he took several pictures and went on to ask for some constructive critique, he obviously got some.

Or, it might have been chosen as POTD!  :-\

picsfor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEH4Yum4nN4&feature=youtu.be

Go on, have a laugh with this French Advert - translation not required.   :dance:

spinner

I was at my local big box hardware store getting some hinges, looking around while in the check out line I noticed this fellow with a miserable look on his face and an arm full of Christmas lights.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on November 16, 2011, 06:00:09 PM
I was at my local big box hardware store getting some hinges, looking around while in the check out line I noticed this fellow with a miserable look on his face and an arm full of Christmas lights.

Perhaps he need plugging in!  :2funny: :2funny:

ABERS

Perhaps fame has come at last. Will you feature in the exhibition.   :o

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15756616

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on November 16, 2011, 10:28:19 PM
Perhaps fame has come at last. Will you feature in the exhibition.   :o

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15756616

Looks a bit like my old darkroom. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Sarasocke

I finally finished putting together a 48 page magazine for our local shelter yesterday afternoon.
It was to go to an online printer, the local ones are just too expensive. I wanted to pay (some 2,600€ - we're getting 3,500 copies) and found there was a 2% surcharge on using my VISA. Fortunately I hadn't yet loaded the data (just short of 1000 MB) otherwise I would have been really annoyed.
Went to another online printer who doesn't charge for payment credit card, in fact they gave us 5% discount for including their logo somewhere in the magazine. As we have other advertisements (which pays for the printing), that was absolutely no problem at all  :tup:
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Oldboy

Quote from: Sarasocke on November 17, 2011, 08:27:46 AM
I finally finished putting together a 48 page magazine for our local shelter yesterday afternoon.
It was to go to an online printer, the local ones are just too expensive. I wanted to pay (some 2,600€ - we're getting 3,500 copies) and found there was a 2% surcharge on using my VISA. Fortunately I hadn't yet loaded the data (just short of 1000 MB) otherwise I would have been really annoyed.
Went to another online printer who doesn't charge for payment credit card, in fact they gave us 5% discount for including their logo somewhere in the magazine. As we have other advertisements (which pays for the printing), that was absolutely no problem at all  :tup:

Well done Carol.  :tup:

Some firms over here even charge over 5% for debit cards never mind credit cards.  >:(

Sarasocke

An I've just heard from the printers that apart from some photos everything is OK! We have some stories sent in by dog owners complete with photos. Some of the photos are sooooo bad it gives me goose pimples. But still it's a magazine from a dog shelter, so who cares ...  :D
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

greypoint

Quote from: Sarasocke on November 17, 2011, 09:11:00 AM
An I've just heard from the printers that apart from some photos everything is OK! We have some stories sent in by dog owners complete with photos. Some of the photos are sooooo bad it gives me goose pimples. But still it's a magazine from a dog shelter, so who cares ...  :D

I stopped doing things using other people's photos because I spent so much time trying to get them at least slightly less blurry! I managed to get enough stuff to print 8 pages for our autumn/winter newsletter so I'm envious you had enough for 48 pages!! :D

Hinfrance

Need my eyes tested. Obviously. I'm the only driver on the road who can't see through fog . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Sarasocke

Quote from: greypoint on November 17, 2011, 09:40:08 AM
Quote from: Sarasocke on November 17, 2011, 09:11:00 AM

I stopped doing things using other people's photos because I spent so much time trying to get them at least slightly less blurry! I managed to get enough stuff to print 8 pages for our autumn/winter newsletter so I'm envious you had enough for 48 pages!! :D

I don't mind so much for the magazine, Sue. What I don't do is collages or whatever with other peoples photos. However ... one lot was so bad that I went along and took a batch myself. The owner then ordered photos and cards from me worth about 200€!
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Jonathan

Quote from: Oldboy on November 17, 2011, 09:06:37 AM
Quote from: Sarasocke on November 17, 2011, 08:27:46 AM

Well done Carol.  :tup:

Some firms over here even charge over 5% for debit cards never mind credit cards.  >:(

A Streamline merchant writes......Streamline charge me for every card I accept in addition to monthly fees.  For Amex the fees get ridiculous (I've paid over £50 in fees for one transaction).  Would you like me to pass those charges on to all my clients - or just the ones that use credit cards?

Somebody has to pay it and it can never be me (because any costs I absorb will effectively get passed on to everyone).
It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.