• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 80
  • Total: 80
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deetus

WBMT - 2 different people on consecutive days in my taxi.

Day 1 - young woman pays for her £4.50 fare with a £20 note, i give her change of £15.50, she asks why i've given her all that money because she'd only given me a £5 note. She was highly delighted when i showed her the £20 note.

Day 2 - old guy pays for his £3.50 fare with a £5 note - you know whats coming next - i give him change of £1.50, he asks me where the rest of his change is because he gave me a £20 note. The £5 note was still on my knee but he insisted it was a £20 note that he'd given me and said he'd report me to the police. I offered to drive him to the police station but he declined.  Apparently he's tried it with the other drivers at our firm.  >:(

Oldboy

It appears the goverment know something we don't?

Health secretary Andrew Lansley will unveil the country's first Cold Weather Plan on Tuesday and he is expected to announce that the Army will be put on standby to help keep roads, rail and airports open if we have another harsh winter.

As weather experts predict another harsh winter, there are fears that we could experience travel chaos on a scale similar to last year. There are also warnings that thousands more pensioners could die as fuel bills rise.

Department of Health officials said that is is "entirely possible" that the Army would be called in if we experience another winter as cold as last year.

If we experience massive snowfall again, the Army could help to keep transport links open, clear roads and ensure that hospitals are able to stay open.

:o  :P :P

Markulous

I'm glad to say that they're also talking about paying the farmers to clear the roads. They actually do that anyway around here (clear snow) but it'll be good that they get back to paying them to do it!
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

ABERS

All the furore over the protesters outside St. Paul's. Went up there on Saturday to have a gander and see what photographic possibilities there were. All very low key. An encampment of small tents which could easily be fitted on half a football pitch, mostly tethered to the ground by bags of gravel.

All populated by the usual suspects. The professional protesters wearing the required uniform, jelly-bag woolly hats covering white man's dreadlocks, multicoloured woolly jumpers, Rohan trousers and heavy soled walking boots, the younger ones sporting wispy beards making them look like Shaggy. A liberal sprinkling of young middle class males dressed as city gents wearing the now ubiquitous Guy Fawkes masks which appeared a couple of years or so ago at demos, and all of them just standing around not actually doing very much. There was some strange smelling smoke emanating from one tent I peered into. The occupant seemed very laid back and waved at me quite happily!

I fail to understand why vicars and the suchlike keep resigning over the matter.

So photographically it's a bit of a damp squib. Mind you if they call in the bulldozers and the heavy mob to evict them there might one or two snaps worth taking. ;)

greypoint

This whole thing bemuses me slightly - the premise seems to be that capitalism, greedy bankers etc. is bad. Fair enough, no-one surely, other than those that have their snouts in the various troughs, would disagree that over the past few years those at the top end have seen their incomes rise in an often obscene manner. Not only huge payoffs and bonuses for success but also for failures. As always 'it's the rich what gets the pleasure and the poor what gets the blame'. They do seem a bit short on answers though. There was a discussion on 5Live last weekend between a protester and someone equally bemused as to what their aims were. The lady protester said they were forming a new type of consensus politics where everything was discussed and agreed on rather than argued over. She could'nt really come up with any answers though. When pressed she said they were having great success with agreeing things but did'nt want to say what they had actually agreed on. When pressed still further she explained that their first big decision was what to do with the donations they had been given for the cause. After a week of talking it over they had decided to open an account with the Co-op Bank. ::)  :dance: :dance:

Oldboy

Quote from: greypoint on November 01, 2011, 09:04:34 AM
This whole thing bemuses me slightly - the premise seems to be that capitalism, greedy bankers etc. is bad. Fair enough, no-one surely, other than those that have their snouts in the various troughs, would disagree that over the past few years those at the top end have seen their incomes rise in an often obscene manner. Not only huge payoffs and bonuses for success but also for failures. As always 'it's the rich what gets the pleasure and the poor what gets the blame'. They do seem a bit short on answers though. There was a discussion on 5Live last weekend between a protester and someone equally bemused as to what their aims were. The lady protester said they were forming a new type of consensus politics where everything was discussed and agreed on rather than argued over. She could'nt really come up with any answers though. When pressed she said they were having great success with agreeing things but did'nt want to say what they had actually agreed on. When pressed still further she explained that their first big decision was what to do with the donations they had been given for the cause. After a week of talking it over they had decided to open an account with the Co-op Bank. ::)  :dance: :dance:

Come on Sue, the Co-op is very ethnic.  :D

greypoint

Well I suppose she could have given us all a big surprise and said they'd decided to subscribe to The Guardian  :2funny:

ABERS

Apologies to Monty Python and the Popular Front For The Liberation of Palestine.

"Just tell me Brothers, what did the capitalists ever do for us?"

Answers on a postcard please.

Beaux Reflets

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Graham

Quote from: beauxreflets on November 03, 2011, 05:19:17 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on November 03, 2011, 04:50:06 PM
Warning to those of you who use ATM's.  :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ElJQJZtY8WI

Ooh - be careful in the storing of megabytes   ;D
;D

OldBoy. Your spending to much time on YouTube!
                       Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on November 03, 2011, 07:05:21 PM
Quote from: beauxreflets on November 03, 2011, 05:19:17 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on November 03, 2011, 04:50:06 PM
Warning to those of you who use ATM's.  :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ElJQJZtY8WI

Ooh - be careful in the storing of megabytes   ;D
;D

OldBoy. Your spending to much time on YouTube!
                       Graham. :)

No, it was posted on AOL.  ::)

ABERS

A full page advert in the weekend press, (T..Mobile) which I found a little confusing.

Free iPhone 3GS for just £15.32 a month.  :o

Will British Gas will soon be saying Free Gas Meter for £85 a month.

Sack the copywriter!

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on November 07, 2011, 08:36:29 AM
A full page advert in the weekend press, (T..Mobile) which I found a little confusing.

Free iPhone 3GS for just £15.32 a month.  :o

Will British Gas will soon be saying Free Gas Meter for £85 a month.

Sack the copywriter!

I put £15.00 on my 'phone when I bought it oh about three years ago, I just checked and Iv'e still got £10.36 left. I recharge it more than I talk through it!
                                     Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

You'd think they'd have the decency to pay you interest on the balance. ;)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.