• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 138
  • Total: 138
  • Google
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Quote from: ABERS on July 03, 2011, 05:06:31 PM
The Tour de France. What's that all about? I know it's a race that lasts a couple of weeks around La Belle France, but you don't necessarily have to be front to win, or so it seems. Can Howard or Beaureflex enlighten us? ???
It is mildly more exciting than tennis since some of them fall off from time to time. :legit:

Note really sure Alan; I think it has something to do with who can take the most drugs and not die before the finish.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on July 03, 2011, 06:00:43 PM
The Tour de France. What's that all about? I know it's a race that lasts a couple of weeks around La Belle France, but you don't necessarily have to be front to win, or so it seems. Can Howard or Beaureflex enlighten us? ???
It is mildly more exciting than tennis since some of them fall off from time to time. :legit:

Note really sure Alan; I think it has something to do with who can take the most drugs and not die before the finish.

Nor I. something like the milk race I think, endurance race with daily login times totted up perhaps  :-\
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

krennon

Watching CUSTOMS UK On SKY 1 earlier, they "blanked" one of the customs officers faces so she couldn't be identified unfortunately what they negelcted to do was blank her reflection from the car window that she was putting a suspected drug smuggler into she was easily identifiable from the reflection as it was as clear as a mirror...... :uglystupid2:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

ABERS

I didn't know until today that the singer Kenny Rogers was a 'phenomenal' photographer. Well that's what it says on his photographic web site!
http://kennyrogers.biz/photography.html
When you look through his portfolio his landscapes are quite reasonable, about the same as an average club photographer.

How would you let your PR man describe your photography? Or are you apt to blush easily? :-[

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on July 09, 2011, 08:44:26 AM

How would you let your PR man describe your photography? Or are you apt to blush easily? :-[

The best photographer in the world, if I was paying him!  :D

greypoint

Doing my usual stint at our re-homing centre yesterday [walked/played with 10 dogs in five hours - somewhat tiring!] - I'm always amazed by the some of the people who come looking for a dog. If you had a tiny child/children would you seriously want to take on a dog from a rescue centre when its previous history was unknown? Would you really want to take on a dog that could have all sorts of problems when you have a baby that will be crawling shortly? Like the other responsible rescue centres locally we explain that its not a good idea,we don't have any suitable dogs and try to persuade them to wait until the child is a little older and then possibly the best idea would be a puppy, but we know they can go to the other side of the county to where most of the strays are taken and take their pick - no questions asked.  Gets you down a bit at times when you have to pick up the pieces when it all goes wrong and they phone you up desperate to offload the dog they got on a whim elsewhere after it nips the child  :'(

Oldboy

Following on from my other post about letting go of the lead when your dog decides to chase the Swan into the water. Today we had the reverse, if your dog wants to go for a swim make sure, before letting him off the lead, that he will come back to you when you call. This chap's dog was pulling on the lead to get into the water, so he let him enter the water with the lead on but after a few minutes decided to let him off the lead. The dog, a collie, decided to chase the Ducks all around the pool. The chap called him but he wouldn't come back, so he ran to the other side of the island still calling and trying to attract him with a stick, but the dog ignored him. He had no choice but to strip down and swim out to retrive the dog, the photo shows him returning with the dog intow.  :uglystupid2:

Click for full size.

After some sunshine this morning it became dull again today, hence why it looks so dark in the picture.  :(

irv_b

^^^^ he looks royally pee'd off  :2funny: :2funny:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

hevans

Hinfrance

More despairing than bemused. I'm on my hols, but borrowed some bandwith to upload this:

Is there really no hope?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance - travelling a bit on July 12, 2011, 09:01:01 PM
More despairing than bemused. I'm on my hols, but borrowed some bandwith to upload this:

Is there really no hope?

Are you in foreign parts H  :2funny:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Skhilled

Quote from: ABERS on July 09, 2011, 08:44:26 AM
I didn't know until today that the singer Kenny Rogers was a 'phenomenal' photographer. Well that's what it says on his photographic web site!
http://kennyrogers.biz/photography.html
When you look through his portfolio his landscapes are quite reasonable, about the same as an average club photographer.

So was Sammy Davis, Jr. ;)

Quote from: hevans on July 12, 2011, 06:26:06 PM
I think Jonathan's now been replaced by technology: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKpxd8hzOcQ&hd=1

:D

Now that's impressive! Looks like something my son would do...but not as elaborate.
Nikon D3000
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6.G VR
Nikkor 70-210mm f4-f5.6 AF Macro Zoom
AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6.G ED VR

Reinardina

Quote from: beauxreflets on July 03, 2011, 08:00:34 PM
Quote from: Hinfrance on July 03, 2011, 06:00:43 PM

I'm relieved it has not taken hold in Britain yet. In my native Holland, you can't get away from it during 'the season.' Sooooo tedious.
Nor I. something like the milk race I think, endurance race with daily login times totted up perhaps  :-\

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Loads of Swifts around today.  :tup:

Shame they where in the middle of Swan pool or flying very high.  :'(

ABERS

Just logged into PRADAR to vote for a picture in their weekly comp. 'Red Shoes' is the title, well worth a punt :tup: Ladbrookes have it at a very favourable shade of odds 8)

Whilst there I noticed someone has been banned, apparently for the second time, for asking what seems to me a perfectly reasonable question. In fact I've been asking the same thing for a few months now!

As someone who knows nothing about these things, how can they trace the person concerned? Do they employ ex workers from News International? :o

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.