• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 57
  • Total: 57
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

A recent new tele advert for a handwash pump that dispenses handwash without you touching it. The USP is that handwash pumps are crawling with bacteria and germs due to the fact that people with dirty hands depress the pump mechanism, so if you depress the pump your hands will be invaded by all these nasties, with this gizmo you don't have to touch it.

But aren't you going to wash your hands anyway, that's why you're there in the first place. ???

rksmith51

Yep, you press the top, and you have left more bugs on top for the next person to collect. I know what you are getting at but if you have a germ phobia these things are great  :D
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

hevans

Quote from: ABERS on June 23, 2011, 11:19:29 AM
But aren't you going to wash your hands anyway, that's why you're there in the first place. ???

I'd rather have an automatic door opener so I don't have to touch the handle that all those before me have touched after neglecting to wash their hands. :doh:

ABERS

I'm quite amenable to any filthy money that comes my way.  :tup:

picsfor

yeah, more acceptable than that laundered stuff  :2funny:

Oldboy

Oldboy

Quote from: hevans on June 23, 2011, 03:57:42 PM
Quote from: ABERS on June 23, 2011, 11:19:29 AM

I'd rather have an automatic door opener so I don't have to touch the handle that all those before me have touched after neglecting to wash their hands. :doh:

I often think of that when leaving.  >:(

Oldboy

Well yesterday really. I was down on the canal towpath reaching over a fence to take a picture, when a gust of wind blew my hat off and into the canal. I bent down and got it back, but it was mostly soaked with dirty canal water, so had to throw it into a skip and buy a new one.  :'(

picsfor

Quote from: Oldboy on June 23, 2011, 07:58:55 PM
Well yesterday really. I was down on the canal towpath reaching over a fence to take a picture, when a gust of wind blew my hat off and into the canal. I bent down and got it back, but it was mostly soaked with dirty canal water, so had to throw it into a skip and buy a new one.  :'(

wouldn't this story come under the guise of 'oldhat"  :2funny: :2funny:

Oldboy

Quote from: picsfor on June 24, 2011, 06:48:26 AM

More like Mad Hatter without the teaparty!  :2funny: ;D

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on June 24, 2011, 08:28:19 AM

Clearly it wasnt a legendary Tilley that could be washed up, even after eaten and pooped out by an elephant, what's a little canal water!  :legit:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hinfrance

I have a Tilley hat - worth everyone of the excessive number of pennies it cost me in the dim and distant past. Many imitations, but none as good.

Mine's a bit stained now - motor oil won't come out. Whatever.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on June 24, 2011, 01:45:31 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on June 24, 2011, 08:28:19 AM

Clearly it wasnt a legendary Tilley that could be washed up, even after eaten and pooped out by an elephant, what's a little canal water!  :legit:

I had nowhere to put it so into the skip it went.  ::)

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 24, 2011, 02:08:40 PM
I have a Tilley hat - worth everyone of the excessive number of pennies it cost me in the dim and distant past. Many imitations, but none as good.

Mine's a bit stained now - motor oil won't come out. Whatever.

Why would you put motor oil on your hat!  :uglystupid2:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.